George Carmont

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

George Carmont

Post by josie andrews »

Did anybody else see the report that GC has not got a visa sorted and will not be going on the warm weather training with the rest of the squad! What does anyone think about it? (If anything)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
a-true-warrior

Re: George Carmont

Post by a-true-warrior »

are you not getting our GC mixed up with hull kr's Garret Crossman who has arrived late due to his visa there are reports of that but ive not seen anyway reports of our GC
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

a-true-warrior posted:
are you not getting our GC mixed up with hull kr's Garret Crossman who has arrived late due to his visa there are reports of that but ive not seen anyway reports of our GC

joe lydon gave an interview to the wep last week. said there had been bit of trouble with red tape in oz. blamed christmas and somthing do with the oz postal service. according to JL he's due in the country this weekend. will meet up with the rest of the first team when they get back
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

definitely not gone Joe Lydon gone in his place. Heard last night at Warriors Lotto agents do.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews posted:
Did anybody else see the report that GC has not got a visa sorted and will not be going on the warm weather training with the rest of the squad! What does anyone think about it? (If anything)
Been on the WEP web site and other sites and can't see the story anywhere. Very strange
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Fujiman posted:
josie andrews posted:
Been on the WEP web site and other sites and can't see the story anywhere. Very strange

got the wep from tuesday 1st jan..

" offical paperwork and the players work permit have become entangled in red tape down under and the player wont be joining his new team mates in lanzarote, he was due to land in the country last week(around the 27th, thats what i got told). he's due to arrive in the country this saturday(today!)

according to JL paperwork was sorted and sent out early last month, but he goes on to say there have been delays in oz including the post over the buisy xmas period and carmont at the time this was published hadnt been issued with a work permit!
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

This needs sorting asap,

you cant expect the team to have any chance of adapting to playing with GC in the team if he has net even passed a ball with the rest of the club,

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ste lord posted:
This needs sorting asap,

you cant expect the team to have any chance of adapting to playing with GC in the team if he has net even passed a ball with the rest of the club,
Although not quite as bad as last year when Barrett was apparently not training with the team to try and hasten his recovery from the injury he had when he joined us. I'd be more worried about another pre-season of Trent and TL not training together than Carmont missing some training sessions.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

its not normally as drastic if they aren't a pivot player. Essentials for training well are your pivots 1, 6, 7, 9, 13. The whole team hinges on these positions
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure