Thakray to leave leeds

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: Thakray to leave leeds

Post by GeoffN »

God posted:

Half a Wigan side almost beat the first choice Warrington side
I don't think that's a fair excuse; Wire were missing quite a few regulars too - Morley, Martin Gleeson, Penny, Clarke, Reardon, Wood would all be expected to start when fit.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

God posted:

Half a Wigan side almost beat the first choice Warrington side who IMO will struggle this year, not only that Wigan were 100x fitter than Warrington towards the buisness end of the game and Warrington had 2 full games together before our game.
You obviously didn't go to the wire v wigan game then, and you are not informed of the two teams that wire put out in the other 2 friendlies either! :o
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

hope your right but i think wire will make top 4 this year
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

God posted:
Everybody says they are going to do something EVERY year but it never happens and why is this year any different.
Too true!

I remember Huddersfield had 3 pre-season friendlies a few years ago. I think they played AND beat St Helens, Leeds and Bradford. Henceforth. they proclaimed themselves likely to make top four (and subsequently dominate the game from then on) - they instead finished in the bottom three (as they usually did). :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wolves biggest problem is if they get a few injuries the squad is smaller than it has been in real quality and if they start poorly they cold have a new coach sooner than they think.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

thegimble posted:
Wolves biggest problem is if they get a few injuries the squad is smaller than it has been in real quality and if they start poorly they cold have a new coach sooner than they think.
Agreed. While they have a strong first-team, it's also a very expensive one, which, if it suffers injury depletion, could leave them in big trouble.

There is also, as someone else has alluded to, the Warrington lash-up factor. By all accounts, this has been setting new records over the close season, with a couple of their new Aussies in the thick of it. That doesn't bode well, and I can't help wondering if today's removal of Lee Briers from the captaincy is the start of a belated attempt by Cullen to rein some of his wayward players in.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Thakray has been snubbed by Cas and Wakey.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

right cross

Post by right cross »

my man says if feka goes down [very possible] then thackery could be a very possible option
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

right cross posted:
my man says if feka goes down [very possible] then thackery could be a very possible option
The trouble is that we would need to make a move, one way or the other, well before then.

I can't see Thack and his agent hanging around while we wait to see if Feka goes down or not.

However, it it's true that he's been snubbed by Cas and Wakey, that might load the dice in our favour a little.
thomo

Post by thomo »

do we have any room available on the salary cap - with the cap been live this year they should publish what wach clubs forecast spend is - this will stop all the rumours and false hope.
What about a season loan deal for Thackery - with the wages been split 50/50 that way leeds get rid of a player they don't want and free up a space in their 20/25 man squad and we can be strenghten with another pack man to give us experience quality options - still give prescott/o'carroll and the younger lads time to develop.

Are Prescott and O'Carroll got much more bulk than last season - they need it.