Higham Knew Nothing About the Netwon Thing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Higham Knew Nothing About the Netwon Thing

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/High ... 3671756.jp

And i dont blame him! im far more annoyed with Noble now i think the fans need to do something maybe some posters at the next game letting him know he is still wanted, this is such a poor piece of management im very suprised with Nobby that he has done this to one of the hardest working players on the pitch!, if i were higham id be looking for a new club at the end of this year.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Higham Knew Nothing About ...

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

it stinks in my view!

the whole thing!

its gota be upto us lot now to make him know how much we love and want him!

all together now...micky higham du du dudu du
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Nine

Re: Higham Knew Nothing Ab...

Post by Nine »

I'm astonished that the club has done this and I donlt blame Mickey one bit for being upset. In a way I hope this is some misjudgement on behalf of Lenegan and Lydon, being too keen to get on with strengthening the squad when they took over, rather than coming from Nobby, who has always had a good reputation for honesty and man-management skills.

Not, incidentally, that I personally think this would have been strengthening our squud at this stage, although I am a big fan of Terry.
Squad number 18!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

to be honest if we were going to be trading players id rather trade feilden for 2 decent props, and no im not saying feilden is rubbish im merely stating that if this kinda transaction was to occur higham is way down the list of people i would let go.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Both Newton and Higham spoke directly through the papers which is a concern IMO.

The lack of a response from the Wigan club is also very strange at this point.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
bertina

Post by bertina »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/High ... 3671756.jp

And i dont blame him! im far more annoyed with Noble now i think the fans need to do something maybe some posters at the next game letting him know he is still wanted, this is such a poor piece of management im very suprised with Nobby that he has done this to one of the hardest working players on the pitch!, if i were higham id be looking for a new club at the end of this year.
I agree totally, I'm disgusted with the club if this has gone on behind Mickey Higham's back.
This kind of upset in the camp is exactly what we DON'T need just before the season starts.
A weeks bonding and training session in Lanzarote and then this. It beggars belief.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

I think this is shocking. I'd much rather have Higham anyway - he's got a great workrate, he's quick from the play of the ball and Newton's proved himself time and time again to be a liability.

Chin up Mickey, we're with you.
phibes

Post by phibes »

No question that Higham's been badly done-to. I also think the way Noble uses him as an impact player doesn't do his game any favors. The player must feel like he's always going to pay the price of being brought to the club by Millward.

The timing of this incident couldn't be any worse - a new season only weeks away and we find out that the club are seeking to make deals without consulting the player. I'd hoped these kind of tactics were behind us.

Having said that, I can't help be suspicious about the timing of this story. Remember, the story came from Bradford and I wonder if someone at Odsal still harbors a grudge against Noble and is looking to embarrass him.

It certainly worked :(
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

MrAlex posted:
Newton's proved himself time and time again to be a liability.
Absolute rubbish - I'm not saying he is without faults but I'd hardly say he's proved a liability 'time and time again'
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

MrAlex posted:
I think this is shocking. I'd much rather have Higham anyway - he's got a great workrate, he's quick from the play of the ball and Newton's proved himself time and time again to be a liability.

Chin up Mickey, we're with you.
I totaly agree,for the club to degrade Higham like this is stupid, I hope that IL shows a bit more discression and balls in his business transactions in future. I feel for Higham & hope he gets an appology and an explanation from the chairman. From the responce of the forum he realy doesnt know how the fans feel.