Nokia N95!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Nokia N95!

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

good news to deliver all....ordered my N95 and it has come 2day!

any1 got one?

any hints, tips, downloads ect...?

all appreciated![/b]
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

JIMH

Re: Nokia N95!

Post by JIMH »

i've got an N95 and i love it!!! However i do have some issues with it, what network have you got it on? i have it on orange and the software is unstable when you put a memory card over 4gb in it. Nokia have released software for to fix this but orange restrict what updates you can use so i cant use the whole of my 6gb memory card which is quite annoying, I'm in the process of having a good moan at orange about this as they said i will have to wait for orange to upgrade the software. My big problem with them is they advertise on their own site a 8gb memory card as an acessory to a N95yet they know it won't work!!! ARRGGHH!!!! I HATE YOU ORANGE!!!!

Anyway rant over! i would reconmend that you upload your GPS maps via your home internet connection otherwise it will use the networks connection to download the maps whilst your out and about, if you have a wireless router its simple as the N95 has a WLAN, all you need to do is set your wireless network and have a play with the maps by moving about thru towns your likely to need, it will then automatically save when you log off.

The MP3 is also really good so its worthgetting a large memory card to get the best out of the phone.

WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Super! Cheers...

got it on O2 - and got an 8gb memory card which is playing up so far! only a day in and stuck lol!

tired with the maps last night and fell stuck but will have another go over the weekend...hope i dont sound thick but if u connect via you wireless network at home will O2 charge me for anything or does it have no connection to O2?

cheers againg!

any more tips for the phone are much appreciated!

JIMH

Post by JIMH »

Their is no charge when you connect via your wireless, just set your wirless network or Easy WLAN as your default network setting on the maps application. When your out and about i would set if for your network as it may need it but hopefully if you have done enough searching whilst connected to your network at home it shouldn't need to download much.

Also use the software updater on the PC suite to keep your phone upto date, the N95's do so much i.e. gps, camera, mp3, wlan etc that they need to updated as nokia are always improving the software (orange won't let me do that)
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Thanks again!

so if this weekend i sit at home connect to my wireless and go on the standard map function, it should work and then when i've been on it a while, it should save the places i've been on? then i can use it without any connection - WLAN or O2 - when i'm out and about?

i've just downloaded the 'google maps' function....seems ok but again im being charged i think! wonder if that'l do the same if i sit at home and browse around it?

thanks for the tips!

have u got the 'tv' function on yours? my mate has (but never used it so cant advise me) but yet i haven't....? do i need to download a tv function? if so where from?

anyone else got anything to add?

much appreciated!

JIMH

Post by JIMH »

your right if you connect without either o2 or WLAn you will be able to see all the places you have been whilst connected to WLAN as it saves when you close the maps application. I would recomend closing it every 5 mins of browsing as it once crashed on me and didnt save what i had seen.

I've never used google maps or tv i'm afraid so i cant help you there. I know orange web have sky sports and such but its about £5 a month.