PC help

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

PC help

Post by medlocke »

I have just been wiping out the remains of AOL in my programme files, yet i am left with 4 or 5 files that i cannot delete, anyone agot an idea?, also cannot remove 3 AOL icons of my desktop everytime i right click nothing happens, what do i do?
FROM A TO B

Re: PC help

Post by FROM A TO B »

Have you tried Start - Control Panel - Add/ remove programmes?
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

i had the same problem on an old pc, unfortunately my mate who claims to know a bit about pc's told me i was stupid to put in on in the first place. hopefully someon on here might have more of an idea
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
pieaddict

Post by pieaddict »

AOL is evil. It seems to be designed to make it as arkward as poss to use any other program thats not aol once its been on your computer. I suggest writing a blues song about it in the vain of robert johnson
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

FROM A TO B posted:
Have you tried Start - Control Panel - Add/ remove programmes?
removed everything from there first but AOL leaves a lot behind in programe files, have now manged to remove the icons by logging off and on then right clicking
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

They are aol embeded files. ask aol for the removal code. do not take no for an answer.My mate had to do it. Only when he threatened with legal action did they part with the codes. It is designed to corrupt other providers. Not so common now but in the olden days it was hell. In the days where you got the proper discs itwas cpmmon to reformat the harddrive and reboot. Unfortunately with the cd system you put the codes strieght back in. I will as my s-in l tonight if he knows a patch, hc
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Cheers HC much appreciated will get ont AOL ASAP
highland convert

Check this out it explains a lot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_knvtpENoQ
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

What a tool that guy was, i would have lost it after 2 minutes, lucky it only took me 2 quick phone calls to cancel mine, i demanded my mac code and she gave me it there and then, i wiped out AOL in August and replaced it with Orange, stupidly i accepted the offer of a screen name on a friends account and loaded it back up.
highland convert

Hi Metlocke, maybe worth a go
JohnO28356

I use a program called RegCrawler after any uninstall I do. A while back I uninstalled AOL from a friends machine, and Regcrawler found 121 registry entries left behind. There used to be a 30 day trial of RegCrawler, check Google.
Back in a MO,
http://www.techsupportforum.com/microso ... stall.html