THE PRYCE IS RIGHT? OR IS HE???????

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: THE PRYCE IS RIGHT? OR...

Post by GeoffN »

On the plus side, looks like Mathers may be ready earlier than originally thought; he may even play against Widnes.

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Math ... 3696090.jp

Matthew-Warrior

Post by Matthew-Warrior »

mike binder posted:
ive been told he needs 6 months off to get right
I obviously don't know, but i'd guess at saying more like 6 weeks rather than 6 months. Hopefully anyway.
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

God posted:
The price is definatly right but its a buy now play later :D :D
so he is a DFS player
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mike binder posted:
Given this started as an ankle break, I can perhaps put this into perspective. I broke my tibia and fibula back in November, and 2 months' on the bones are still broken, and I've only just started putting weight on my right leg (thanks to having a foot-long metal pin in my leg to support it whilst the bones heal). Muscle wastage happens very quickly, and whilst I'm hoping to be fit enough to work by early March the doctor told me that a full recovery could take 4-6 months. That's just for normal life, I don't need to do all the strength work that KP will have to do to get back fit enough for rugby (except to be able to walk up and down all the steps in the JJB Stadium to my lofty perch in row CC!).

Having said that, whatever's wrong with his ankle, he's much younger than me and naturally more fit than me so should recover a bit more quickly, but as someone who is learning from painful experience, ankle injuries are not to be taken lightly. You can try and get over them a lot faster than me, go flying around the place on crutches early on to get mobile quickly, I had that option but the physiotherapist said there is apparently a risk of it not recovering properly, perhaps something not healing at the right angle or the muscles/ligaments getting badly strained.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Fraggle posted:
mike binder posted:
Given this started as an ankle break, I can perhaps put this into perspective. I broke my tibia and fibula back in November, and 2 months' on the bones are still broken, and I've only just started putting weight on my right leg (thanks to having a foot-long metal pin in my leg to support it whilst the bones heal). Muscle wastage happens very quickly, and whilst I'm hoping to be fit enough to work by early March the doctor told me that a full recovery could take 4-6 months. That's just for normal life, I don't need to do all the strength work that KP will have to do to get back fit enough for rugby (except to be able to walk up and down all the steps in the JJB Stadium to my lofty perch in row CC!).

Having said that, whatever's wrong with his ankle, he's much younger than me and naturally more fit than me so should recover a bit more quickly, but as someone who is learning from painful experience, ankle injuries are not to be taken lightly. You can try and get over them a lot faster than me, go flying around the place on crutches early on to get mobile quickly, I had that option but the physiotherapist said there is apparently a risk of it not recovering properly, perhaps something not healing at the right angle or the muscles/ligaments getting badly strained.
Thankfully for us Karl admits that he tried to come back to quickly last time and it backfired (Gloucesters loss our gain). He will now be patient and come back when he's ready. 2 or 3 games in he reckons. Can't wait to see the beast unleashed!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Fujiman posted:
Can't wait to see the beast unleashed!
Talking about yourself again are you Fujiman? :lol: :lol1:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

butt monkey posted:
Fujiman posted:
I wish :lol: :eusa10:
Bear

Post by Bear »

Fujiman posted:
butt monkey posted:
Fujiman posted:
I wish :lol: :eusa10:
Hes a big package that price :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

God posted:
The price is definatly right but its a buy now play later :D :D
The bloke is world class on his day but if it takes longer than expected then so be it, i feel we have enough players in the squad to cover him.
With regards to retirement what a load of tosh that is, people said the same thing about Hock and Lockers and they are still playing, what an embarrassment it was for those people who said that. :blush: :blush:
"World class on his day" is a bit over exagerated I think. Not Yet seen how good he is to make my mind up on him. Hope he improves big style, big lump of a lad who could no doubt do some damage if fit & in the right frame of mind.
butt monkey

Re: THE PRYCE IS RIGHT? OR IS ...

Post by butt monkey »

jimofwigan posted:
There is a rumour circulating that his foot injury is not healing and he may miss this season. The foot may never heal and he may retire before his career has even began.
:sadl: :nerv: :eusa4:
Well. according to the Bradford and Argus online paper, Wigan have NOT even paid the £30,000 transfer to the Bulls as part of the signing of him from Gloucester, due to the uncertainty of his playing future!

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... career.php
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!