Re: Jamie Thackray

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

thomo posted:
I too would sign him - think we need another prop but others thing not - sport is full of opinions.
He could play in the second row which would allow bailey to cover centre during games
Not a bad bench of Mcllorum, Feka, Hock and Thackery but we need to know if the club have approached him.
Leeds don;t want him and have made that clear - so why would they want to pay him when the have no intention of using him - surely they could save something on his salary costs by letting us have him - or splitting it 50/50

I will get our kid to post what was said today rather than me possibly missing bits and pieces of what was said.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

thomo posted:
always suspicious of thes stories when brother mate met his cousins wife.....

But would still sign Thacjery - but in this meeting with the brother did he say there had been any approach from the club or is it just Thackery wanting to come - I want to play for Wigan but not quite got the build for Rugby League
to be honest pal he didnt say alot.. just said he'd been training his backside off and for some reason he wernt in the new coach's plans.

reguarding us he just said he wernt sure what was happening with wigan. didnt confirm or deny the club had spoken to him he did say if the chance came up he'd love to play for wigan
thomo

Post by thomo »

If fielden is out for 10 weeks - and nothing has been confirmed yet then a move for a prop on a short term signing is a must - thackery is one who must be considered - get him on a two month loan deal.
Bear

Post by Bear »

pieater-alex posted:
Although I quoted announcement shortly I think with Fielden set likely to miss 10 weeks , Thackery could well make his way to Wigan on a 3 month loan deal. Lenegan has said we have space under the cap.
He was so called signing 2 weeks ago
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Bear posted:
pieater-alex posted:
Although I quoted announcement shortly I think with Fielden set likely to miss 10 weeks , Thackery could well make his way to Wigan on a 3 month loan deal. Lenegan has said we have space under the cap.
He was so called signing 2 weeks ago
Cant see Leeds agreeing for him to go on a short loan. Ive a feeling the reason Leeds dont want him is that they are maybe slightly over on the cap and hes the most expendable asset they have. With the cap live now its just a feeling i have.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

a good point gimble that would make alot of sense
pedro

Post by pedro »

Fieldens out for 2 weeks and we dont need him....we need pace after Friday
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

pedro posted:
Fieldens out for 2 weeks and we dont need him....we need pace after Friday
We still need our props in the front row!!!! You suggesting that Hock or Bailey play in the front row against Hull, just to add pace? :roll:

How can you say we don't need Fielden for the sterner times ahead? After Hull's poor showing against the Quins, they will be much harder to beat come next weekend. The sooner ALL players are fit and available for selection, the sooner Noble can pick his form players, rather than just whose available.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Roumour over :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!