Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mikey

Re: Hock

Post by mikey »

Only Hock and Lockers are left from the 2004 sqaud,two players who could walk into any team in superleague.Lets get one thing sorted HOCK IS A CLASS PLAYER END OFF!!!!!!
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Hock is a class act he was in the GB squad for the last Tri Nations and no one is denying his skill but when is he going to show it, positions in a squad should be based on form and Hock didn't show any of it last year and Hansen is showing bucket loads in these pre season matches.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Pre season is one thing for real is another.For me Hansen has got a lot to prove this season.Hock has played at the highest level and has done well,one in different season does make him a bad player.Like i said earlier last season could be an Hangover from the Tri-Nations
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

gillysmyhero posted:
Pre season is one thing for real is another.For me Hansen has got a lot to prove this season.Hock has played at the highest level and has done well,one in different season does make him a bad player.Like i said earlier last season could be an Hangover from the Tri-Nations
Well, Gaz misses the Quins game anyway, and if Hansen goes in that game like he has in the friendlies, it would be unfair to drop him, I feel. Great to have genuine competition for places, though.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

unitedwarrior posted:
standishwarrior posted:
medlocke posted:
with the team gelling together nicely and finaly looking like a decent squad, i am a tad concerned that Hock could upset the apple cart when his suspension is up, do we really need him giving away stupid penaltys for high tackles and not being able to control his temper, personaly i wouldn't mind if he was kept with the 21's/acadamy or whatever they are called until he is needed because of an injury, lets face it the guy was a huge liability last year.
he might have a challenger for that crown of giving away most penalties in a match in phil bailey!!
dont know what he's been doing in training but every tackle he makes he holds the tackled player down for too long. given quite afew pens away already. needs sorting out imo
i think gareth hock is goin to struggle to get in the seventeen when all fit as he not match fit and drops to much ball and gives away daft pens . bring him on against stains to take longys head off . cant wait for quins :o :o
I disagree with that. Hock will walk into our 17 when he is fit, maybe not starting with bailey and hansen in the form they are but he will definately be on the bench at minimum. This year is a big year for hocky, he has got to push for a world cup place at the end of the year so personally when he comes back I can see him being immense. I thought Hock was Ok last year yes he did give away too many penalties and lost the plot a few times but he still took the team forward and plays with so much passion.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

i agree with that, last year he made a lot of errors, but on form he would walk into any side, he will come good this yeay imo!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

GeoffN posted:
gillysmyhero posted:
Well, Gaz misses the Quins game anyway, and if Hansen goes in that game like he has in the friendlies, it would be unfair to drop him, I feel. Great to have genuine competition for places, though.
I agree genuine competition for places can only be good for the team.If Hansen goes the same in the league then he deserves to keep his place and Hock will have to take his chance when he gets it.
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

Rumour has it, hes away at the end of the year.

Heard it here first.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

:eusa16:

Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If Noble wants a 2nd row on the bench meaning three in the 1st 17 I can't see how Hock would not make the squad.

Who will be the 2nd row on the bench if it isn't him?

Bailey, Hansen and Hock carry the most experience in the 2nd row in the squad so I would only expect one of the younger players to come in due to injuries to any of those three.

That assumes that when he returns Hock isn't completely rubbish and gets dropped but I can't see that scenario myself.

Dave