Chris Melling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Chris Melling

Post by Welski »

Do we have a new star in the making here or is it too soon to tell?

His stats in the lower grades seem very impressive and you couldnt fault his kicking display last week!

I can see it now: Wigan trail by a point, no time left, the touchline conversion to come and "Ronnie" jumping up and down behind the sticks...... Do you guys think he will be able to handle the step up?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
robjoenz

Re: Chris Melling

Post by robjoenz »

Too early yet, he's only played twice. It's like when everyone was writing Luke Robinson off after the Bradford game, yet he played well against Limoux. I reckon a few big games and we'll have more of an idea, although he does look good from the match I've seen and what I've heard about the French trip.
Welski

Post by Welski »

Thanks mate its a problem for us long distance fans to keep up with the guys coming through. Like you say think it is a bit early but with all the injury problems its a great to have that sort of potential in reserve.

For the record I reckon he kicks it......
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

first saw him in our pre season game against london . And for me he stood out then as one to watch :D
warriors

Post by warriors »

i think that he is a good player from what i have seen of him, an heard of. it myb abit soon, but i think that he will be a very good player. Like i say say think, it is not for def. I hope that he dose good, an gets to no the team, a play well with them.
mrs12

Post by mrs12 »

Growing up with my brother, who plays for Ashton, and watchign Chris play from time to time I can honestly say if he is injury free he will be a great player for us IMO.
Was speaking to him when he knew how bad his injury was and he's so gutted about it..but then you can't blame him!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

True he was gutted, he went my school and i was talking to my games teacher who had just been talking to him, and she said he was so gutted at being out for the season, and he is an exceptionally good player, and would of shone for us if it werent for his injury.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3