Is this A Joke Or What?!?!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mike binder

Re: Is this A Joke Or What...

Post by mike binder »

mike binder posted:
wooder posted:
http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/ look here its not a joke.
http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/
just posted a comment ,just looks like me and geoff have been on there
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

God posted:
And me :D comment placed.
Just read it! Nice one, "pie molester"!
jammie

Post by jammie »

going to the bookies to put money on who refs good friday,god help us.if anything happens and the crowd react and gets out of hand then mr.wood and co. will have another excuse to slam wigan(i hpoe our fans are not that daft to react in such a way but passions are high to start with derby day)and they will blame us and not see that there stupid new rule will have caused it.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

doc

Post by doc »

going to the bookies to put money on who refs good friday,god help us.if anything happens and the crowd react and gets out of hand then mr.wood and co. will have another excuse to slam wigan(i hpoe our fans are not that daft to react in such a way but passions are high to start with derby day)and they will blame us and not see that there stupid new rule will have caused it.
You can bet on Ganson reffing the derby if you want, but if he refs stains on a regular basis I'm putting my house on them to win the Cup, League and Grand Final. He's so bent he'd be worth a 20 point start to them in every match he reffed.
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

seeing that the RFL have decided that where the ref comes from doesn't matter when determining match officals, why don't they introduce a 'draw' for the referee?

Surely this is the only way that the choice of official can be transparent?

Ok this will not stop a referee being biased towards on team or another during the refereeing of the match but at least there could be no argument of how the choice of referee came about?
GEER EM ONSIDE
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The only problem with a draw is that high profile matches need 'the best' apparent referee. If you know what I mean. Thats why we had Ganson (voted best referee 2oo7) in most big matches and Klein. It's debatable how good they are from a fans point of view but even though we have 6 full time referees, Cummings knows his #1, #2 #3 refs
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I seem to remember reading that they'd stopped the procedure of both clubs rating the ref after every game..anyone know if that still happens?
gw

Post by gw »

i know a saints fan who has a programme from years back and in it they did 'Fan of the Week', in this programme its Steve Ganson. Now how can he be impartial, he shouldn't be allowed to ref wigan games never mind st. helens.

If i refereed a saints v hull game, hull would win by a good 60 points or so!!!!
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

you'd like to think that given ganson is known to be a stains fan, stuart cummings would employ some common sense and NOT appoint him to ref any stains matches.

RFL, cummings, common sense :lol:
GEER EM ONSIDE
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I always question whether the decision the RFL take are to help rugby league or to just get media attention.

There is no logical reason why the should let Ganson referee Saints matches since there are at least two other referees capable of refereeing big Saints games.

On the other hand if Ganson cocks-up during a Saints game then that is sure to attract some attention from the media, it might make the RFL look bad but its still publicity and the RFL tried to milk the Millennium Magic incident for all it worth it wouldn't surprise me to see them do something similar.

That may seem abit far-fetched but i'm trying to get my tiny little mind around why the RFL would do it.