Is this A Joke Or What?!?!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Is this A Joke Or What?!?!

Post by turf »

Taken from www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news

The Rugby Football League have scrapped the "postcode lottery" rule that prevents referees from controlling matches involving their hometown clubs.

Appointments from this season will be based solely on form judged by the RFL's match officials director Stuart Cummings.

The change will be particularly good news for St Helens-based referee Steve Ganson, who has missed out on a host of major finals during Saints' trophy-filled years.

RFL chief executive Nigel Wood said: "This change is a modernisation of the appointments system and reflects the growing professionalism and standards of our full-time match officials."

God help us!! If we get Klein for Harlequins, he will be siding with them, if we get Ganson for Wigan/Saints games then he will be siding with them.

What a farce!!!
butt monkey

Re: Is this A Joke Or What?!?!

Post by butt monkey »

turf posted:
What a farce!!!
I've missed your posts!

BTW, why do you feel it is a farce? Surely any chance of making stains suffer under Steve Ganson MUST be some sort of "reward" :D
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
turf

Re: Is this A Joke Or What...

Post by turf »

Exactly my thoughts Nobby's Girl but we all know what a bunch of numpties the RFL are.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Oh my god.... :eusa7:

they really are making it up as they go along!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I seriously doubt Ganson will be appointed in a Wigan v Saints match. There will be uproar, especially when league positions/ titles are at stake potentially. He will stick to Video ref for these matches IMO

I may be wrong though
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

They've been threatening to do this for a while now, but I'm surprised they've actually decided to go ahead with it.

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that none of the current crop are from Wigan? No wonder they didn't do it when the Connolly brothers were refereeing.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: I can see merit in it to a small degree BUT when it comes to an important game, a final who would you rather have refereeing? a neutral or a referee from one of the teams? I guess it depends on whether he is your hometown referee. I honestly believe appointing Ganson to a Wigan v Saints derby could incite crowd trouble.

Why is it that when the negatives far outweigh the positives and the system works perfectly fine, the RFL always meddle. CRAZY
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:

Why is it that when the negatives far outweigh the positives and the system works perfectly fine, the RFL always meddle. CRAZY
That wood be Nigel...
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

And we wonder why some people don't take rugby league seriously.

If the RFL wants to promote rugby league across Britain and Europe first they have to sort themselves out, with there rules and organisation i'm surprised there is still a super league.
wooder

Post by wooder »

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/ look here its not a joke.