Is this A Joke Or What?!?!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Spanakopitta

Re: Is this A Joke Or What...

Post by Spanakopitta »

adrenalinxx posted:
And we wonder why some people don't take rugby league seriously.

If the RFL wants to promote rugby league across Britain and Europe first they have to sort themselves out, with there rules and organisation i'm surprised there is still a super league.
well we don;t have a fair league system so why should anything else be fair or make sense :angry:
GEER EM ONSIDE
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Hey up, Robs online, we await for the comment on this matter :wink:
Still waiting :lol: :conf: :doz: :wink:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

jimofwigan

Re: Is this A Joke Or What?!?!

Post by jimofwigan »

turf posted:
Taken from www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news

The Rugby Football League have scrapped the "postcode lottery" rule that prevents referees from controlling matches involving their hometown clubs.

Appointments from this season will be based solely on form judged by the RFL's match officials director Stuart Cummings.

The change will be particularly good news for St Helens-based referee Steve Ganson, who has missed out on a host of major finals during Saints' trophy-filled years.

RFL chief executive Nigel Wood said: "This change is a modernisation of the appointments system and reflects the growing professionalism and standards of our full-time match officials."

God help us!! If we get Klein for Harlequins, he will be siding with them, if we get Ganson for Wigan/Saints games then he will be siding with them.

What a farce!!!
Its no joke thinking this leaves the gate open for even more bias refs.
But this is a joke read on:---------------------

St Helens Rugger Family (13)

A family of St Helens rugby supporters headed out last Saturday to the shops.
While in a sports shop, the son picked up a new Wigan rugby shirt and said to his sister: "I've decided to be a Wigan supporter and I would like this for my birthday next week."
His sister was outraged and promptly whacked him round the head, telling him to go talk to his mother. Off goes the little lad with the Wigan rugby shirt in hand and finds his mother.
"Dad?" "Mum?"
"Yes son?"
"I've decided I'm going to be a Wigan supporter and I would like this shirt for my birthday next week".
The mother is outraged and promtly whacks him around the head, saying: "Go talk to your father". Off he goes with the Wigan rugby shirt in hand and finds his father.

"Yes son?"
"I've decided I'm going to be a Wigan supporter and I would like this shirt for my birthday next week".
The father is outraged and promptly whacks his son around the head and says: "No son of mine is ever going to be seen in THAT!"
About half an hour later they're all back in the car, heading towards home. The father turns to his son and says: "Son, I hope you've learned something today."
The son says: "Yes Dad I have."
"Good son, what is it?"
The son replies: "I've only been a Wigan supporter for an hour and already I hate you Saints bastards."

:eusa2: :D :D :D :eusa2:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
cpwigan posted:

Why is it that when the negatives far outweigh the positives and the system works perfectly fine, the RFL always meddle. CRAZY
That wood be Nigel...
....Wood.

The worst thing to happen to the game in over 100 years.

I don't care how professional or how much the standards have improved (according to Wood they have) you have to be seen to unbiased not just say you are unbiased.

The simplest way to do that is not to appoint self confessed supporters of teams to ref their games, i.e Ganson should not referee Saints games.

This is a well established principle adopted by most sports.

Can anyone seriously imagine a Man Utd fan refereeing and Manchester derby? It is an insane suggestion isn't it! So it is here having Ganson refereeing Wigan v Saints.

As to him not being appointed to such a game as somome suggested you can bet he will be. The RFL like to make their point so you can virtually guarantee it.

So why have they done this? Because there are not enough pro referees and they will NOT allow amateur refs to referee SL games. Kirkpatrick reffed a grand final, said not to going full time and was demoted to NL1. Whatever you thought of him as a ref his experience was lost to SL when he was still up to the job (he passed the fitness test easily the year he got the chop in 2007).

Bur instead of addressing the real problem which is a shortage of SL refs they do this. A typical Nigel Wood response to a problem. Never admit you were wrong and let the better amateur refs into SL but court controversy instead.

IMO by going to full time refs the RFL have made a rod for their own back. Previously any ref could aspire to ref at top level without having to be full time. They could have a job and be a ref. Now thay can't do that and reach the top so why bother being a ref at all if all you can get is NL1 games? There can't ever be a large pool of full time refs (rfl can't afford it) and so even if you did want to go full time it's pretty much a closed shop.

Why bother? May as well ref RU instead as Kirkpatrick went to do.

Nigel Wood strikes again!

Dave

turf

Post by turf »

Very good post DaveO!! :eusa2: :eusa2:

DaveO, you are spot on about Kirkpatrick and how his experience will be a loss to our game.

I totally agree with you on that as well.

Well said DaveO!! :eusa2: :eusa2:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Good point Dave O

What message are the RFL sending out to P/T referees? You are not professional enough/good enough to referee a SL game yet your P/T predecessors were :conf:

What message to former referees? We could not trust you, you were not professional enough/good enough but hey presto making someone FT changes all that.

Wally Lewis was once sin binned in an origin match. The crowd hurled can after can at the referee/players in disgust. I can honestly see something similar happening should Ganson ever referee a Wigan v Saints match.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The root of the problem is Nigel Wood IMO.

I simply do not think he is intelligent enough to hold down a job like this. To my mind he never thinks the consequences of his actions through and this is a very good example.

Removing this restriction might make it easier to allocate refs to games but he should have foreseen this problem when going full time meant such a small pool of full time refs in the first place.

But never mind he has solved the problem. On to the next.

Now he has done this he is ignoring the consequences of none-neutral refs and seems to think because he reckons they are professional enough people will accept it. He needs to realise not all RL supporters can take such a detached view of it and suspend their suspicions so easily.

He should also have been able to work out that the small group of full time refs will be in that job for a long time and so will prevent junior refs progressing. Not allowing Kirkpatrick to continue just shows how they will rigidly apply the rules regardless of the consequences.

I don't understand why the refs need to be full time at all. What do they do all week? It isn't like they need to train to the level of players. Kirkpatrick easily met the physical qualifications completing the 1500m run they have to do a full 20 seconds faster than the qualifying time.

Dave
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

This is crazy, Ganson reff at a Wigan v Stains match ?, My son plays for a local team and every match have a neutral ref, but in the early days when he started playing it was different, if his team played away we got the away team coach to ref the game and when we played at home we had our coach ref the game.
Need i go on?.Can you just imagine the noise from the Wigan fans every time Ganson gave a bad call at a Wigan player?.
As someone mmentioned in an earlier post the rfl are making it up as they go along.
mike binder

Re: Is this A Joke Or What?!?!

Post by mike binder »

turf posted:
Taken from www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news

The Rugby Football League have scrapped the "postcode lottery" rule that prevents referees from controlling matches involving their hometown clubs.

Appointments from this season will be based solely on form judged by the RFL's match officials director Stuart Cummings.

The change will be particularly good news for St Helens-based referee Steve Ganson, who has missed out on a host of major finals during Saints' trophy-filled years.

RFL chief executive Nigel Wood said: "This change is a modernisation of the appointments system and reflects the growing professionalism and standards of our full-time match officials."

God help us!! If we get Klein for Harlequins, he will be siding with them, if we get Ganson for Wigan/Saints games then he will be siding with them.

What a farce!!!
turf were have u been we had klein at quinns last season ,but with his accent dont think hes a cockernry
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME