KR v Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Re: KR v Leeds

Post by turf »

waterside glens posted:

leeds got away with lying on in the tackle alot while KR where penalised
Where is the so called "concistency" (spelling?) that these full time referees look for?

But as I said before, it's only early days yet.

As far as picking up grapple/throttle/high tackles goes, it has not got off to a good start as a few have all ready said, Mr Silverwood last night, missed quite a few of those.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

turf posted:
waterside glens posted:

leeds got away with lying on in the tackle alot while KR where penalised
Where is the so called "concistency" (spelling?) that these full time referees look for?

But as I said before, it's only early days yet.

As far as picking up grapple/throttle/high tackles goes, it has not got off to a good start as a few have all ready said, Mr Silverwood last night, missed quite a few of those.
LOL - A good start! Light the blue touchpaper and wait for robjoenz to "explode" into life with his refusal to accept the criticism, any second now.......
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Hull Ran all over leeds untill about the 60th minuite. Hull look good this year. I thought Walker had a quiet game
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

He missed the higb tackles until a whits jersey made 1. I dont like KR but i felt sorry for them
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

[quote]Spanakopitta posted:
several comments (from stevo, other posters on other sites) reckon he had a good game, kept it nice and flowing.....
quote]

i tended to agree...

RL - full of opinions!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Bear

Post by Bear »

Ah well now were 11th ...so...

EEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEIIIIOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
UP THE SUPER LEAGUE WE GO :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Two sides clearly rusty in their first game of the season played in poor conditions. Ground was very heavy, so much so that the academy game beforehand was called off.

I thought he let quite a lot go in the first half from both sides. Tackling was poor, didn't think it was particularly malicious, more careless. There were a few grapples that went unpunished which slowed down the PTBs but over I thought he picked up on the worst of them. It's hard to get the right balance.

What you didn't want was a penalty-fest where neither side could get started. As it happened the game flowed, Hull KR gave Leeds a fright but in the end Leeds just had a bit more class and better stamina. A good first game of the season considering the conditions.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

robjoenz posted:
Two sides clearly rusty in their first game of the season played in poor conditions. Ground was very heavy, so much so that the academy game beforehand was called off.

I thought he let quite a lot go in the first half from both sides. Tackling was poor, didn't think it was particularly malicious, more careless. There were a few grapples that went unpunished which slowed down the PTBs but over I thought he picked up on the worst of them. It's hard to get the right balance.

What you didn't want was a penalty-fest where neither side could get started. As it happened the game flowed, Hull KR gave Leeds a fright but in the end Leeds just had a bit more class and better stamina. A good first game of the season considering the conditions.
In the second half it was the possession that Leeds enjoyed around KR's line that finally told. It did seem that every grapple tackle and holding down incident that KR commited was penalised, but none were from Leeds. If I was Morgan I'd be reviewing the video with a view to making a selection of incidents that were and weren't penalised for both side in the second half and asking the RFL for clarification of the differences and what KR should do to reduce the penalty count against them.

FOr me the second half of this match was a clear indication of what a home crowd can do to the subconscious of a referee. I have no doubt that Silverwood is not biased towards either club. However, the constant pressure the home fans put on is bound to have some effect on the officials decision making, even if they actively try to prevent this and don't realise it at the time. We are all human, I guess its just home advantage at the end of the day - thats what we all try to do as fans!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike posted:
robjoenz posted:

In the second half it was the possession that Leeds enjoyed around KR's line that finally told. It did seem that every grapple tackle and holding down incident that KR commited was penalised, but none were from Leeds. If I was Morgan I'd be reviewing the video with a view to making a selection of incidents that were and weren't penalised for both side in the second half and asking the RFL for clarification of the differences and what KR should do to reduce the penalty count against them.

FOr me the second half of this match was a clear indication of what a home crowd can do to the subconscious of a referee. I have no doubt that Silverwood is not biased towards either club. However, the constant pressure the home fans put on is bound to have some effect on the officials decision making, even if they actively try to prevent this and don't realise it at the time. We are all human, I guess its just home advantage at the end of the day - thats what we all try to do as fans!
well said Mike.

Thought Silverwood played to the crowd before there against us.