The Idiotic Bald One

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Re: The Idiotic Bald One

Post by GeoffN »

butt monkey posted:
The problem I see Geoff, is that IF, the RFL backtrack and "water-down" their criteria in order for the likes of Wakefield and St Helens to gain franchises, it will give no substance to threats or demands made of any club in the future!

Whether it be improve facilities, junior development, limit on overseas recruits etc. If they do not make a stand, or seem to make a stand, then in future, all clubs will "thumb their nose" at any proposal or draft in the future that does not meet the respective clubs approval. Where will be the back-bone?
Yep. You might have gathered by now that I don't have a lot of respect for, or faith in, the RFL, especially since Nigel Wood got "promoted".

Some of their latest ideas are good, in theory (such as the 3-year licences, the new disciplinary "openness", or the new rules for encouraging home-grown players); I just don't have the confidence that they've thought them through properly.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

the way i see it, there is to many teams from yorkshire, in a perfect world, losing 2 would mean that an extra 4 teams could come into SL, if they existed we could have teams from Scotland & N'orn Ireland as well as the Celtic Crusaders and another french side or maybe a SW side, surely that would be enough nationwide coverage and many a nice weekend away for those who travel.

Slightly off Topic: i hope that the rfl revise the shambolic play off system for when the franchises start, with 14 teams playing, the top 6 should be raised to 8 and the play offs shouild be knock out all the way, if you finish top of the league, you get a trophy so you don't need any reward in the play offs, the top 4 sides get home drawsfor the first round then whoever gets drawn fist out of the ramining games gets home.

And that is the most i have typed/posted in my life.
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

medlocke posted:
So was just watching Boots n All and Stevo was rattling on about the licences for the franchises and how there should be some leaway for clubs who's grounds are sh1te and got on about Saints and how they should be allowed to play at another ground while their new one is built and yet not 2 seasons ago when we where facing relegation he was all for us getting relegated if we finished bottom as that was the rules and no leaway should be give, baldheaded skin of 4, i can't wait to here his superb unbiased clap trap for the next 8 month or so, add to that Eddie "eyesight of an Eagle" hemmings and what more could you want. :exc:
Better known as "The screaming skull" :eusa4: :D :D :D :D
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

medlocke posted:
the way i see it, there is to many teams from yorkshire
With the Yorkshire bias on the RFL Council, I can see Wigan, Stains, Wires and the Quins not meeting the criteria and being replaced by such visionaries as Dewsbury (baldies favourite ex-team), Bramley ( Leeds' 2nd team), York (Hull's 2nd team) and probably Featherstone.

There's nothing like expansion!!!! :baaa:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

ancientnloyal posted:

I am guessing it will be situated in the middle of the shirt.

As for Stevo, if he commentates on a wigan match and likes what he sees, he tells us... any other time he puts us down.
Looks like the logo on a beer pump or one of those things you can buy to stick on a walking stick.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

sudokuwarrior posted:
ancientnloyal posted:

I am guessing it will be situated in the middle of the shirt.

As for Stevo, if he commentates on a wigan match and likes what he sees, he tells us... any other time he puts us down.
Looks like the logo on a beer pump or one of those things you can buy to stick on a walking stick.
Nope. It's been "ripped off" the Wells Bombardier beer!

[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

butt monkey posted:
Nope. It's been "ripped off" the Wells Bombardier beer!
beat me to it! But only 'cos I've just got back from drinking several pints of it...!