The Idiotic Bald One

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

The Idiotic Bald One

Post by medlocke »

So was just watching Boots n All and Stevo was rattling on about the licences for the franchises and how there should be some leaway for clubs who's grounds are sh1te and got on about Saints and how they should be allowed to play at another ground while their new one is built and yet not 2 seasons ago when we where facing relegation he was all for us getting relegated if we finished bottom as that was the rules and no leaway should be give, baldheaded skin of 4, i can't wait to here his superb unbiased clap trap for the next 8 month or so, add to that Eddie "eyesight of an Eagle" hemmings and what more could you want. :exc:
wiganwarriors4eva

Re: The Idiotic Bald One

Post by wiganwarriors4eva »

Anyone see the england Logo,if not http://www.superleague.co.uk/article.php?id=9550 its on there.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

plain and horrid
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

botica

Post by botica »

I got an email to look at some options of what i thought was a good design and what i thought should be included and not included. It included design for the kit too. I am bl**dy sure i didn't vote for that design. Promise. :roll:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Bear

Post by Bear »

I heard Stevo on the England badge... For gods sake hes a commentator not a designer :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I am guessing it will be situated in the middle of the shirt.

As for Stevo, if he commentates on a wigan match and likes what he sees, he tells us... any other time he puts us down.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

One odd thing about the badge it that it is designed to look like it has a raised line running down the middle but the text is printed as if it is on a flat surface. Very odd
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

medlocke posted:
So was just watching Boots n All and Stevo was rattling on about the licences for the franchises and how there should be some leaway for clubs who's grounds are sh1te and got on about Saints and how they should be allowed to play at another ground while their new one is built and yet not 2 seasons ago when we where facing relegation he was all for us getting relegated if we finished bottom as that was the rules and no leaway should be give, baldheaded skin of 4, i can't wait to here his superb unbiased clap trap for the next 8 month or so, add to that Eddie "eyesight of an Eagle" hemmings and what more could you want. :exc:
Yeah, I saw and heard his comments.

Surely clubs have been given long enough to get their "house in order" so as to speak. Why should even more latitude be offered? After all, Wakefield have been promising to move into a new stadium virtually since Super League's inception! Yet as far as I know - nothing is even on the horizon. Just a few clutched straws. To be fair, Wakefield are not the only team though, and exactly what message will it say to all the other teams that have "made the effort" to move into the 21st Century?

I understand that with the sub-prime market problems, which in-turn has increased lenders worries (especially after the NR debacle), hence their tendency to be more frugal with their loans, that some clubs "may" find it hard to funds their "dreams", still, they have often fed the supporters this line, it is about time they either contemplated ground-shares or even holding back on franchise application until they even start to meet the criteria.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

butt monkey posted:
Surely clubs have been given long enough to get their "house in order" so as to speak. Why should even more latitude be offered? After all, Wakefield have been promising to move into a new stadium virtually since Super League's inception! Yet as far as I know - nothing is even on the horizon. Just a few clutched straws. To be fair, Wakefield are not the only team though, and exactly what message will it say to all the other teams that have "made the effort" to move into the 21st Century?

I understand that with the sub-prime market problems, which in-turn has increased lenders worries (especially after the NR debacle), hence their tendency to be more frugal with their loans, that some clubs "may" find it hard to funds their "dreams", still, they have often fed the supporters this line, it is about time they either contemplated ground-shares or even holding back on franchise application until they even start to meet the criteria.
Absolutely agree! It's also way past time we expanded properly away from our Northern image. Quins & Catalans are a start, but we're never going to be taken seriously by the media until we're truly a nationwide sport.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

The problem I see Geoff, is that IF, the RFL backtrack and "water-down" their criteria in order for the likes of Wakefield and St Helens to gain franchises, it will give no substance to threats or demands made of any club in the future!

Whether it be improve facilities, junior development, limit on overseas recruits etc. If they do not make a stand, or seem to make a stand, then in future, all clubs will "thumb their nose" at any proposal or draft in the future that does not meet the respective clubs approval. Where will be the back-bone?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!