Who was the fastest winger everin rugby league (over short & long distacne)?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
demt82

Who was the fastest winger everin rugby league (over short & long distacne)?

Post by demt82 »

I have to say that my number one is Martin offiah, i feel jason robinson was slightly faster over 30 yards but for both attributes (short & long distance)i would have to go for offiah!
Doctor of medicine.(MBcHB)
You will be asleep soon.
Its only a little prick!
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Who was the fastest winger...

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

albert was pretty damn rapid who played for stains, calderwood in form at leeds was uncatchable, think you would struggle o keep up with kevin penny in this yaers comp
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
waterside glens

Re: Who was the fastest wi...

Post by waterside glens »

mark preston was nippy
HindleyGreen28

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

They used to say that over a short distance Jonathan Davies was quicker than Offiah.

Saying that, over the length of a pitch I haven't seen anyone quicker than Offiah. Of current players I would say Kevin Penny.
Poster

Re: Who was the fastest winger...

Post by Poster »

Many of us oldies will remember Billy Bostons first matches when he was still training in the Army and only released to play at weekends . He at that time was the most skillful and fastest in the game over both short and long distance. In his later years he was fairly quick but mostly relied on skill and power.
ragman

Post by ragman »

If you can get hold of a review of the 86/87 season, you will see that Mark Preston was the fastest things on two legs. Full stop.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Fastest Offiah , Preston, Lydon , Mark Forster(wire), Des Drumond,Kieth Fielden (remember the RL players on super stars doing well) .
off the mark 30 yards Robinson , Ferguson would take some beating would have loved to see Drumond in his prime play for us .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Oh nooo, dont say Kevin Penny please!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Robinson was faster than Offiah over 40 yards. Afterward Offiah overtook him. None are as quick as the ex athletes that played League. The last one was an Aussies sprinter who signed for Balmain.
over the hill

Post by over the hill »

the fastest player i ever saw was gary henley-smith. played for wigan in the `85 season i think. really fast but a rubbish rugby player. finished seventh in the `84 olympic 100 metres final. now thats quick