The Harlequins set up

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mickh

The Harlequins set up

Post by mickh »

I was very impressed with what Harlequins are trying to do to expand the game down in the "smoke".
My wife, young son and I got to the ground about 11 o'clock in the morning and a school kids knock out competition was in full swing it only finished after 2 o'clock. There were a lot of matches played in that time, the pitch stood up to all the hammer it got, (I couldn't see this happening at the JJB hallowed turf).
Another thing was the price to get in, for us anyway, £10 for us adults, the season ticket price for a Harlequin supporter was £65. I say 10 out of 10 for the effort they are putting in to expand the game down there. I must say the sunshine was a bonus as well! :)
pedro

Re: The Harlequins set up

Post by pedro »

Good setup in the bars too :D good day enjoyed it
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

had a fantastic time!

thought the bar thing after the match was great, attempted to drink my own body weight in guinness :roll: so lady like!

could barely speak yesterday after shouting at the match then signing along to the band afterwards.

oh and thanks to the lad that pointed out the chewing gum on the seat i was gonna sit on :)

Ian 'just call me Ian' leneghan was in the bar for quite a while afterwards as well. Would have never got Dave or mo doing that.

just hope my voice is back for friday
GEER EM ONSIDE
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Spanakopitta posted:
had a fantastic time!

thought the bar thing after the match was great, attempted to drink my own body weight in guinness :roll: so lady like!

could barely speak yesterday after shouting at the match then signing along to the band afterwards.Lan and Lydon where near the stand entrance meeting all the supporters and shaking hands with them and having photoes taken with the kids etc. Lindsey could have learned from this kind of basic contact with the fans.

oh and thanks to the lad that pointed out the chewing gum on the seat i was gonna sit on :)

Ian 'just call me Ian' leneghan was in the bar for quite a while afterwards as well. Would have never got Dave or mo doing that.

just hope my voice is back for friday
Bear

Post by Bear »

I got a bit carried away with the Junior games. I started chanting cheat when there was a knock on side :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It's a fantastic set up down there for sure.

Enjoyed the bar before the, watched the match then went back in the bar just as the band struck up for 'Londons Calling' by the Clash as loads of Wiganers jigged about. Had a few pints then clambered back into the car for the journey home(in the back that is, i wasn't driving).

Great day.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

I agree with everything`s been said about the Quins set up , they`re trying to bring the kids on , decent price to get in and once your in loads of bar staff to serve you beer .
we could learn from the latter about bar staff , all in all a great day out and in shirt sleeves as well, a damn sight warmer than Perpignan was this time last year .
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

What Quins can show us is that they kick off at 3 in the afternoon , which is okay for children .
Kicking off at 8 on a Friday night is not the right time for youngsters to be taken to the rugby .
My grand kids are normally nodding off come the second half .
Lets go back to Saturday or Sunday afternoons .
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

jackoh posted:
What Quins can show us is that they kick off at 3 in the afternoon , which is okay for children .
Kicking off at 8 on a Friday night is not the right time for youngsters to be taken to the rugby .
My grand kids are normally nodding off come the second half .
Lets go back to Saturday or Sunday afternoons .

Oh my god, you will be after winter rugby next.
gw

Post by gw »

agree with everything that was said, cheap to get in, the atmoshere with the live band after the game was immense, supposed it helped that it was a nice day and there were plenty of wiganers there!!