after match thoughts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriorwal

after match thoughts

Post by warriorwal »

Good win eventually !wish i was there no not judith chalmers lol :D
ref started off badly too picky but relaxed in second half
looked rather wet hope you all havent caught cold lol
thought mathers had a good game and richards scored a fantastic try plucked out of air again but thought it was gonna be missed chance when cant remember who didnt pass to wing but all turned out well .waffling now, too much red oh well Great win for wigan come on the warriors lets make boring erm( pregnant fish) cullen winge next week
medlocke

Re: after match thoughts

Post by medlocke »

To much going on about Leeds before the match, was a bit pee'd off with that, 15 minutes and no mention of Wigan or Bradford. Thought Fielden was looking good, put himself about a bit in both attack and defence, he should be going great guns in a few matches time, very impressed with Carmont, he seemed to be tackling his heart out, scored the first try (points for me :D ), definately the best buy the club has made in a long time, all the kids look to be coming on leaps and bounds, we should have plenty of homegrown talent on show in the future. Lockers on the other hand, although he tackled his heart out, he is piss poor in attack, he couldn't break the skin of a rice pudding let alone a tackle, several knock on's a couple of penaltys, why do people rate him so much?, all in all it turned out to be a good old fashioned physical game with plenty of heavy hit ups, just what you want for a Saturday night, Bring on the Wire :eusa2:
warriorwal

Post by warriorwal »

dont mention carmont thought i had him first had him bloody last . doh
u are right about fielden he looked so commited near the line when he gave penalty away feka put some good runs in tonight but last one was best
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Good game, Think Burgess was trying the big man too much. He got creamed time after time. His heads not as big as Fielden. Stu brushed him off. Tomas L Took him out at leasure. Very impressed. HC
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i thought we should have won this alot easier.We still knock on to much but the ref didn't help he should have played more to the conditions .He should also know that the offside rule applies to both teams
plus points we won
big stu back
kids improving
tommy
minus
we still try and over do it too often
presscotts injury(said he was on crutches on sky)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Prescott likely to be out for 6 to 8 weeks

I was impressed by our effort. Hock was great as was Coley
turf

Post by turf »

I thought Fielden had a good first game back.

Well done Stuart Fielden!! :eusa2: :eusa2:

Keep Going!! :D :D

Silverwood had the worst refereeing display I have seen so far this season. Their last try, a clear knock on, he was in a good position to make a decision but said that the ball went backwards. An absolutely disgraceful decision.:angry: :angry:

Give him a spell in NL1 after tonight!! :angry: :angry:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Silverwood imposed the rules. The man was not giving penalties away for non-transgressions. Lulu admitted he was not gehind the line in his mom speach. As the tempo increased the other way Bradford fell foul of the same rules. Cant fault the man for doing the job. It was not a knock on. Wigan played the ball.If the try was not scored it would have been back to six, HC
turf

Post by turf »

I couldn't believe that he penalised O'Loughlin for not playing the ball correctly when there was clearly interference by the Bradford player.

Their first try shouldn't have stood either because when Godwin tapped the ball, you can see that Silverwood had not blown the whistle to make the mark to restart play.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Good team effort. Our pack dominated throughout, and it's not often anyone does that to the Bulls. Apart from that first 20 mins when Silverwood caned us, we always looked the better side.

Coley, Hock & O'Loughlin outstanding, and McIlorum his usual busy self. Fielden had a good game, too, seeing as it was his first game back. Mathers is getting better defensively each week, and ran the ball up well, too. Goulding & Colbon had the better of Hape & Tadulala, both in attack and defence, which is no mean feat.

Very positive performance!