It Was Not Only Silverwood...........

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

It Was Not Only Silverwood...........

Post by turf »

That has had a mixed game this weekend. Mr Thaler at Castleford vs Harlequins apparently had a very poor game generally.

Although having watched it again, I thought that to be fair Silverwood did ok apart from their (Bradford's) first try (where he didn't blow the whistle to restart play) and their last try where he didn't give the knock on and then even had the nerve to say/signal that it went backwards?!?! :conf: :conf: :o :o

Possibly a couple of the 50/50 decisions/penalties could have gone other ways to what they did but as they say "things even them out over the course of the season".
:D :D

Apparently our good old friend Mr Steve Ganson didn't do himself any favouors either up at the Galpharm Stadium with Huddersfield vs Hull.

The standards of SL referees are definately slipping. I reckon Silverwood is the decent referee at the minute.
butt monkey

Re: It Was Not Only Silverwood...........

Post by butt monkey »

Mr Thaler at Castleford vs Harlequins apparently had a very poor game generally.
How do you know this? :eh: It would depend on which coach you listen too.
I thought that to be fair Silverwood did ok apart from their last try where he didn't give the knock on and then even had the nerve to say/signal that it went backwards?!?
It wasn't a knock on!! It went backwards, how could that be a "knock on"? :sly:
Apparently our good old friend Mr Steve Ganson didn't do himself any favouors either up at the Galpharm Stadium with Huddersfield vs Hull
You must get to a lot of games turf :wink: Or are you just listening to the radio commentators? But why any around the Greater Manchester region would broadcast Huddersfield v Hull beggars belief :lol:
The standards of SL referees are definately slipping. I reckon Silverwood is the decent referee at the minute.
Based on what you saw on TV? :eh: With added opinions from Stevo :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
turf

Post by turf »

Otherwise all is ok on my post butt monkey?? :sly: :sly:

I don't base my opinions on Stevo's. I base them on my own.

Jeez, I cannot have my own opinion on the standard of refereeing in SL?!?! :angry:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

turf wrote:Otherwise all is ok on my post butt monkey?? :sly: :sly:

Jeez, I cannot have my own opinion on the standard of refereeing in SL?!?! :angry:
Cause your usualy full of shite :exc: :exc: :exc: :angry: :angry: :angry: :sly: :sly: :eusa9: :eusa11: :eusa14:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

How can you have your own opinion on a game you didn't see?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

medlocke wrote:

Cause your usualy full of shite :exc: :exc: :exc: :angry: :angry: :angry: :sly: :sly: :eusa9: :eusa11: :eusa14:
Succinctly put Medlocke!!! :eusa12:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Re: It Was Not Only Silverwood...

Post by DaveO »

I didn't think Silverwood was that bad. At least he wasn't afraid to sin bin players for professional fouls.

It did seem he penalised us and then Bradford in turn but if you watch the game we cleaned things up and they started to mess about.

The big issue for me was forward passes. Some of them were ridiculous and they were not all from Bradford. However what can the refs do when they have to be on the 10m defensive line so they can keep the players on-side with respect to the new rules?

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote: Cause your usualy full of shite :exc: :exc: :exc: :angry: :angry: :angry: :sly: :sly: :eusa9: :eusa11: :eusa14:
Now play nicely! No need for the above.

Dave
turf

Post by turf »

DaveO posted:

No need for the above.
Well said DaveO!! :angry: :angry:

You're a MOD DaveO, you know what to do. Lock it Before medlocke says something worse!! :angry: :angry:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

And Medlocke wins my nomination for post of the month!

[hr]
Image :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."