Question for Mike !!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Portsmouth Warrior

Question for Mike !!

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

Is it worth starting a Junior Message board so the kiddies can go off and talk in txt about players being "well fit" and other such buring topical subjects?

Just a thought?

P.S Great board when we manage to get a worthwhile thread going..

P.P.S Fraggle- I share your pain..
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!
robjoenz

Re: Question for Mike !!

Post by robjoenz »

Sounds like a good idea that mate
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

sorry about the text chat iam going to try and put it right! Maybe it is worth havin a chatroom on here love the message board but just easy on a chatroom!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !!

Post by LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !! »

suppose your on about me but im sorry i cant help it ill try and write in english sorry! :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

kt4ever_1 posted:
sorry about the text chat iam going to try and put it right! Maybe it is worth havin a chatroom on here love the message board but just easy on a chatroom!
I remember in this website's previous life there was a link to a general rl chatroom hosted Down Under somewhere. A few people from here used to go on although I'm not sure if any of them visit here anymore, I lost quite a lot of hours of my life talking to fans of different clubs, various Aussies and a rather daft but very friendly American woman. It was a useful lesson for me as I had to make my points in much shorter ways than I do on here!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hi all

I guess it is time I split the message board into different area for discussing different things. Suggestions for titles for each area would be most appreciated.
If anyone has any more ideas for message board functions let me know (private messages are also in the pipeline).

I dropped the chatroom because the site hosting it seemed to disapear, also there weren't that many people on it. I think the IM links should provide a chatting
facillity for those that want it?

Stay tuned for message board upgrades in a month.

Mike
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !! posted:
suppose your on about me but im sorry i cant help it ill try and write in english sorry! :conf:
Don't worry, you don't take all the blame. There are a few others as well who use lots of text.

Someone made the comment in a message on Thursday evening that most people seem to like the use of text so we should allow it, but I think if there was a poll of regular users that wouldn't be the case. At best it's a 50/50 split, but I'd say more like 70/30 against text. I know it's part of the culture of the younger generation, but we're not all in that group. At the end of the day, how can we all talk about Wigan if a large proportion of people can't understand what is being said?!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

I agree. Text talk is too hard to understand.
LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !!

Post by LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !! »

ok then i wont come on here any more beacuse its obviously aimed at me because of my name but i never write childish things so nevermind ill find another wigan webpage!
bye
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

you cant leave just over one disagreement! Yeah i use txt chat because i find it easy but on here i will just have to try and stop. Aslong as i get my point across to people! Dont leave your a valued member of the site!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!