Lockers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Lockers

Post by cpwigan »

Tonight was the first time I have felt let down by him as captain. You have to fight your corner v referees. Otherwise they will walk all over you and your team. Wally Lewis was brilliant at pressurisibng the referee. Refs need to be kept honest.
First Try Tickle

Re: Lockers

Post by First Try Tickle »

when warrington broke down the wing and Johnson scored, Coley ran past Lockers. Then when Gleeson scored Coley ran past the whole team.

Lockers should be the one chasing and then rollocking the ones who stood still.

He was awful, lazy and a real let down for me. and i like lockers.
mickh

Post by mickh »

I'm a Lockers supporter and defended him all last season, I feel very let down by him this season.
Hock was the most vocal player in the pack and very dynamic, superb! but we must have the quietist pack in Super League and I bet we are at the bottom of the league in sledging the opposition! No-one speaks!
Even Lockers tackling is letting him down now, and Bailey, if he was on piece work for the amount of good tackles that he made, he would be owing the company, he is no good in the second row, absolute rubbish!
:(
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

it's worrying when people think lockers should be the only one trying to get back ~ I want them all to try to get back.
I would much prefer it if we tried an old fashioned idea of tackling instead of just putting our hands on someone and hoping they fall over!
I would like it even more if we could manage to keep the ball in the tackle. They could off load whenever they wanted.

That was the biggest problem.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Ok he has had a stiker of a game, I guess he knows fine well he has. Lockers will have much more better games in a season than bad ones. As a player I think he is pretty dam good, but as a captain, I just dont think he is up to the mark. Barrett looks luthargic compared to last season, maybe some respect and pressure should have been placed on his shoulders as team captain. IMO.

[hr]
Rugby League. Too tough for Johnny & Charlie.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I have no problem with Lockers the player. I rate him. I do not mind him leading by example as a captain. However, officials need to be kept honest. By calling a halt and demanding to speak to the referee 2 things happen. One you put what you want onto the agenda and two you give your team a longer break.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

First Try Tickle wrote:when warrington broke down the wing and Johnson scored, Coley ran past Lockers. Then when Gleeson scored Coley ran past the whole team.

Lockers should be the one chasing and then rollocking the ones who stood still.

He was awful, lazy and a real let down for me. and i like lockers.
Come back Tickle all is forgiven. :eh:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

cpwigan wrote:Tonight was the first time I have felt let down by him as captain. You have to fight your corner v referees. Otherwise they will walk all over you and your team. Wally Lewis was brilliant at pressurisibng the referee. Refs need to be kept honest.
Was he on the field? I don't remember seeing him all night.
[hr]

Europe is for holidays, not for joining.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Ok he has had a stiker of a game, I guess he knows fine well he has. Lockers will have much more better games in a season than bad ones. As a player I think he is pretty dam good, but as a captain, I just dont think he is up to the mark. Barrett looks lEthargic compared to last season, maybe some respect and pressure should have been placed on his shoulders as team captain. IMO.

[hr]
Rugby League. Too tough for Johnny & Charlie.
And much slimmer/lighter for my money, does he need more food for energy?

[hr]

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

mickh wrote:I'm a Lockers supporter and defended him all last season, I feel very let down by him this season.
Hock was the most vocal player in the pack and very dynamic, superb! Even Lockers tackling is letting him down now, and Bailey, if he was on piece work for the amount of good tackles that he made, he would be owing the company, he is no good in the second row, absolute rubbish!
:(
I don't know. I think our best back row combination might be Hock,Hansen and Bailey at 13[hr]