Nobby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Nobby

Post by DaiJones »

According to today's Times he helped out Alan Tait (now Scotland RU defence coach) with some advice on how to cope with England's attack on Saturday. I imagine he said "Don't worry, they don't have one"
DaiJones

Re: Nobby

Post by DaiJones »

I knew someone would post that reply!
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:He should have helped Wigan out on Saturday night never mind the jocks in that onion game
As i dont go about making dispariging remarks about English, Irish or Welsh People, Could you kindly refrain from making insulting remarks about Scottish People.

Im proud to be: Brittish By BIRTH
And to be: Scottish By the grace of GOD

Rant over WIGAN FAN for Life.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:He should have helped Wigan out on Saturday night never mind the jocks in that onion game
As i dont go about making dispariging remarks about English, Irish or Welsh People, Could you kindly refrain from making insulting remarks about Scottish People.

You're actually insulted by being referred to as a Jock? Get over yourself!!
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

jinkin jimmy wrote:
trotski_tgwu wrote:

You're actually insulted by being referred to as a Jock? Get over yourself!!
Why should I? would you get over yourself as you put it if you were refered to as a Stains? Think not & if you want to be PC its a racist comment no one would get away with calling an asian a P**i BUT People think nothing about having a pop at the Welsh, Irish & Scottish people now that is sad. But as it seems like only certain people are aloud to make comments on this board i will prob think again about posting.

What is Mike's view on this i wonder? i will end it here and leave it to the admin or moderator.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lets not fall out and start sniping at one another, we're all on the same side here.

I doubt the original remark was meant to be intentionally offensive, more in a sense of rivalry. However, if other posters don't aragravate situations when users have already complained that would help.

Hopefully this issue will end here without any users feeling pushed out of the board.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Being called a jock could be viewed as far less hurtful than being called a pie eater, what with the original connotations of the name.

The former can be used in any manner of ways whereas the latter was invented purely out of hatred.

If you are so hurt by the fact that I believe you are looking for insult where none exists then I pity you. I personally don't know any jocks who are offended by the term - and I used to be married to one.
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Let's get back to the topic guys.
Noble giving advice when he cannot get his own pack to shine?
This pack of our is as good as any if they all just put in a little more effort. If they wern't we would not have done so well last season. With Coley on board we should be even better. So where has it gone wrong so far this season?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

LORENZO wrote:So where has it gone wrong so far this season?
Prescott is injured and O'Carroll isn't as good (before anyone accuses me of slagging him off - I am just stating a fsct).

Feka is too fat. Seriously he is too big and he could lose a couple of stone and be far more effective.

Fielden isn't match fit yet.

Coley is a workhorse which is better than last year (we didn't have one unless you count Fletch).

So or main strike prop is overweight, we have a kid not quite up to it and the other two are not breaking any pots (though I expect Fielden to improve).

Dave

pedro

Post by pedro »

Well said Dave totally agree.

Looks like feak has ate all the pies and Prescott has been on fire this year