Barrett and Mathers Summoned

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Barrett and Mathers Summoned

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

As we knew they would be, what im going to be really interested in is the mathers v diskin punishments. Diskins shot on korkidas was as bad if not worse than mathers shot on king just so happened that kind got kncocked clean out. so they should get the same punishment if there is a fair hearing, now i know people are now wiping tears of laughter from their eyes lol but it will show if there is any bias there.

I said to my dad after the match it was a bad tacklefrom mathers but would the same fuss have been kicked up if he hadn'tcaught him so sweetly and king had got upand battered him? i think not. oh well we wait wih baited breath
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Re: Barrett and Mathers Summon...

Post by cpwigan »

Just watched the Trent one again. He lifts Johnson up and it seems to me that another Wigan player pushes Johnson past the point of no return. So how can Trent be found guilty
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

In many ways Diskin's was worse than Mathers'. He was fuming over being wrongly penalised and went at Korkidas with a deliberate attempt to remove his head. The fact that he didn't connect as cleanly - or Korky may not be as chinny as King - will IMO count against Mathers when the 2 incidents are compared.

Expect us to get our usual shafting by the powers that be.
robjoenz

Re: Barrett and Mathers Summoned

Post by robjoenz »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:As we knew they would be, what im going to be really interested in is the mathers v diskin punishments. Diskins shot on korkidas was as bad if not worse than mathers shot on king just so happened that kind got kncocked clean out. so they should get the same punishment if there is a fair hearing, now i know people are now wiping tears of laughter from their eyes lol but it will show if there is any bias there.
I think you also need to factor in the force of the hit and the fact Mathers arm was swinging around as he hit him. With Diskin there was intent but was never going to cause any serious damage.
jammie

Post by jammie »

is't the fact that diskin had the intent worse than the fact that mathers was reckless
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jammie wrote:is't the fact that diskin had the intent worse than the fact that mathers was reckless
In one respect, but what Mathers attempted was more dangerous so in that respect his tackle was worse.

Hey Jammie, are you a Workington Town fan?
jammie

Post by jammie »

what makes you say that rob?

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jammie wrote:what makes you say that rob?
Jammie - jam eater...? No...?
jammie

Post by jammie »

no rob something to do with my surname,and luck apparrently

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

God wrote:So what your saying is Rob, that Mathers deserves a ban and Diskin sould get a lighter penalty just because Diskin didnt connect properly?
That's not what I am saying. Diskin's challenge showed more intent than Mathers'. However, Mathers jumped into the tackle, was running at pace and had high a swinging arm. Diskin raised a bent left arm into the path of Korkidas' head. Was always going to be a high tackle but was never going to cause an injury. Mathers' challenge whether intentional or not had much greater potential to cause injury.