Leeds sign Burderus!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Leeds sign Burderus!

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 293457.stm

Gutted!

fantastic signing (baring age)! just making them EVER strogner as of next year!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

DaveO

Re: Leeds sign Burderus!

Post by DaveO »

It is a sad reflection on our league any club never mind the current champions thinks they will improve their team with a 30 year old player looking for a pension.

It is a short term signing and one I am glad we didn't make.

He was a good player. How he will go over here is by no means certain.

Personally I hope he is a huge flop then perhaps clubs will stop signing overseas players of his age.

I am sure Diskin at Leeds is absolutely delighted by this signing!

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Strange signing. Diskin is playing very well. They have 2 young hookers too. A question I always ask RE Leeds is how do they manage to stay within the salary cap? They will say Ellis leaves, Budureus replaces him on the cap BUT they have lots of fringe players who will be requiring upgraded contracts.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I said when that rumour first surfaced that I didn't want him. They're welcome to him.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Strange signing. Diskin is playing very well. They have 2 young hookers too. A question I always ask RE Leeds is how do they manage to stay within the salary cap? They will say Ellis leaves, Budureus replaces him on the cap BUT they have lots of fringe players who will be requiring upgraded contracts.
Well they can always let the fringe players leave but I think the interesting salary cap question is how they intend to really replace Ellis while at the same time keeping Diskin and signing Buderus.

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

how do warrington do it as well :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I thought that signing over the hill Aussie journeymen woild be a thing of the past now that don't have the pressure of relegation, i guess i'm wrong, if we were going to sign new over seas players, i would hope that we sign not so well known up and coming players, who can become future stars, i guess that the big name's will styill be coming over even if they are as old as Stanley Gene, all the clubs should strrike up anh agreement that they will not sign any oversea's player over the age of 28, then we might start seeing better quality league
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

medlocke wrote:I thought that signing over the hill Aussie journeymen woild be a thing of the past now that don't have the pressure of relegation, i guess i'm wrong, if we were going to sign new over seas players, i would hope that we sign not so well known up and coming players, who can become future stars, i guess that the big name's will styill be coming over even if they are as old as Stanley Gene, all the clubs should strrike up anh agreement that they will not sign any oversea's player over the age of 28, then we might start seeing better quality league
Agreed. Although I'm prepared to make an exception in Barrett's case!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

seems im out-numbered :lol:

ah well....opinions!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i think he would have been a good signing for a year if micky higham is leaving.

wouldnt give him anything more than a two year contract tops....

not a huge blow i dont feel but still it is undoubtable that he is a great player...

and i mean he is still a great player...