Match Reaction on Return

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Match Reaction on Return

Post by First Try Tickle »

Shocking for 76 minutes, great for 4.

We were absolutly dreadfull for the first 76 mins and i cannot get to exited about the finish even though it was nice to shut the moaning hudds fans up.

Loulou and Barrett just never clicked and so may others didnt look intesting.

Need much better for Friday.

Great support again helping hudds break thier SL crowd record.
warrior till i die

Re: Match Reaction on Return

Post by warrior till i die »

we where very poor today. We looked amaturish at times and lacked real structure and direction. We had a couple of good performers in bailey, richards and calderwood with coley doing alright but the rest didnt seem happy BUT im extremely happy with the win and that wouldnt of come about last year if we where losing 19-8 with five minutes to go.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Well we looked ok in the first 10 mins but then again it was a penaltython giving us good yards , after we lost the ball guess what penalty's the other way ''a joke''.
I would say we were the better team in the first half, we made a couple of breaks and they scored with there only real chance or did they ? if I was a betting man my money would be that Robinson dropped the ball, all the Wigan players and even Robinson looked as though he knew he had dropped it.
Not a great half off either team the ref doing his best to be pedantic for both teams with infringements being too readily penalized .
Second half we did nothing until the last 4 mins, at times you would have thought we were in the lead no urgency but what a great last 4 mins they where.
A great break by lockers putting Coley under the sticks (yes Medlocke lockers) ,then Barrett broke down the left after great work up the middle off Fekka the ball released Carmont who went over with 2 players holding him, after a few seconds the ref gave the try a good job because his winger was free on the outside , the only plus it gave Richards a slightly easier kick but only just he was 8yard off the touch line but he held his nerve to send us home happy :D .
In the end lucky to get the points any away win will be hard this year but we are not clicking at the moment Coley would be close to MOM for me good stint off young Maclorum defensively awesome , we need to improve and guess we will. Hope Hock is not too bad :doz:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Thought Feka was awful today...he is the laziest defender I have seen in a long time. We look far better with Coley and Fielden on.

Cannot believe our Winger didnt outrun their prop with a clear run (need ainscough or stanton on that wing)

Calders loooked sharp and saved a good try, LuLu was useless but Barratt was more involved and looked better than he has done
mickh

Post by mickh »

Very disappointed by Wigans effort (or lack of it) the only players I would give a good reference to would be Calderwood and Stuart Fielden who played his heart out. Huddersfield played well and deserved the lead that they built up, the penalty count was high again, but it was against both teams, Wigan just never turned up apart from the last 4 minutes. Just what do they do at training all week? There wasn't a move in their heads, they couldn't break the line, dropped ball, no-one backing up (if a half chance appeared), they were outmuscled throughout by a better organised team.
I was ready to boo them off until the last escape (and I was not the only one).
I, will not put up with that for the rest of the season! you can blame it on the referee for not allowing the game to flow early doors, but Wigan should have been above that.
Mr Noble, if you read this web site, I have always respected you for what you have done to the team, but this cannot go on, the players looked lost! One man rugby until the last tackle then a kick, I deserve better and so do all the travelling legions of Wigan supporters who pay good money, £18.50p to sit behind the sticks to watch that drivel.
I saw a Huddersfield player got sent off after the final whistle, I don't think he was happy either.
Two points, second in the league? Your having a laugh. I will never call a scouser for pinching things again after watching that today.
ajsefc

Post by ajsefc »

We were not great today but our quality told. I thought the way we switched the play was excellent, especially in the first half and for our two tries. The problem was we lacked energy so in the first half when we switched it we were not able to punish Hudds. There tries also came from our poor energy. Lets hope we're saving it for the Saints game. Thought Calders had a good game along with Coley, Bails and Barrett
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
Keep_The_Faith

Post by Keep_The_Faith »

cant believe Eorl Crabtree caught our winger, we played the get out of jail card today allright.
"They just came to the club.I was there training in the Under 13's. They told us we had to stop playing Rugby 13. They took our kit and even the balls". 1942 unknown French rugby league player. Never forget.
turf

Post by turf »

I can gather Bentham wasn't much good then??

Apparently he sent someone off? Anyone shed any light?

Heard on the radio that Silverwood was blowing the p out of his whistle with Bradford/Warrington.

Cullen will be complaining - again!!
binxterboy

Post by binxterboy »

it was good to see calders back he looked ok, but how many passes did he get? bad news hock has got a suspected broken hand ,as he's been our best forward for the last 2 games we sure missed him today and no doubt we will on friday
♫ тнз ѕσчτн ѕтαиδ мαѕѕіνз ♪
dannydutson

Post by dannydutson »

we were slightly the better team in first half i thought, but couldnt get over the line. I thought barrett played well, he didnt do anything spectacular but tried his hardest to get us back in the game. Its about time wigan stopped giving their fans heart problems though and won easily for a change