Been here before!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TedMac

Been here before!

Post by TedMac »

:( :( Combine a mediocre team with a crap ref and a coach who CANNOT fire Wigan up for the big games and the first half performance sums up everything that's not right with Wigan.
Ted Mac
standishcat

Re: Been here before!

Post by standishcat »

I'm annoyed cos both the BBC and Sky Sports score updater pages say it's still 0-0, even at half time! Here I was thinking it was 0-0 then Sky Sports News on the TV tells me it's 22-0. Could've thrown something at the flamin' thing.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Have we forgotten how to play? That is as disappointing a "performance" from us as I have seen since our capitulations under mildred.

Silverwood has been rubbish - but I can't see how that is a surprise to anyone. You have to expect inconsistency when you play at stains. With Ganson as video ref you can pretty much guarantee that he will do everything possible to give the decision to stains. When all is said and done; we are giving the game away and need to show some pride.

Holidays are meant to be enjoyable and after the last 40 minutes I am starting to wish I was at work today - as at least then I would be getting paid for being miserable
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

:( :( :( Never imagined we'd be even more embarrassing in the second half. Time for a new coach and please can we get rid of over-paid anonymity S Fielden. How many thread posters thought we'd be this bad?
Ted Mac
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TedMac wrote: :( :( :( Never imagined we'd be even more embarrassing in the second half. Time for a new coach and please can we get rid of over-paid anonymity S Fielden. How many thread posters thought we'd be this bad?

Time for a new coach are you for real. Problem stems from medicore players we have out wide. Goulding, Colbon are clearly not SL players. If they will develop to SL players only time will tell. Calderwood sorry but hes going backwards faster than KC eating happy meal.

The moment the ball went wide we could not stop anything coming of it. To blame the coach for not firing the players is a joke. Nevermind who you play wether its Saints, Giants or even Whitehaven you should not need a coach to fire you up you should do it yourself.

As for Filden, Coley and Higham they need to be a lot more aware of whats aroound them. Saints sucked in a lot of Wigan players in the ruck only for on the last 2 tackles the ball to go wide. Higham is not good enough at present.

Barrett needs the pack to go forward otherwise hes going to be playing on the backfoot all season.

Sometimes just sometimes i wish people would realise that SL is very competative and anyside can beat anyside on the day. And stop the crap of when we lose we need a coach.

Weve done that before almost got relegated for it.
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

that has to be the worst performance that i have seen from a team of so called professionals, they do not deserve to wear the cherry and white shirt.

I cant even pick out one player who was even remotely trying.

from 1 to 13 we were crap all game, and as for the so called 4yr contract super captain dont even get me started.

They are a very average side who have been found out today for what we really are and that is crap.

were do we go from here well for me the pack needs to have a good look at itself, they have no heart or go forward and for me that stems from one player the captain.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Seen less garbage down Red Hills tip, Shockers is absolute pants (but were stuck with him so i won't mention him again), Higham is very poor, get him replaced hopefuly with Rydel or some other bugger, still waiting for Fileden to blow everyone away, or has he just been talking shite again, Colbon is a joke, wasn't he passed by a prop last week?, i reckon we need to find another Faka type prop to come on when Feka go's off as well a s a good hooker as stated before and a big Inga style centre to partner Calders, please Nobby pull yer finger out and try plan B & C
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

JJ wrote:i really think Brian should never of played coulburn at the back all brian's done is shatter his confidence. :(
Cmon what other potion did he have.

Feka at FB.
jammie

Post by jammie »

was peed off with going in the caravan this weekend,and now that bunch of overpaid pre maddonnas have the gall to put a show on like that i want to slit my wrists,no ideas no pride, no hope.we are rubbish could have got a bunch of lads out the street to show more pride and brains than that.give me a call nobby,i my be nearly 40 but i would show you more commitment and i would play for nothing.NOT HAPPY :angry: :angry: :angry:
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Colbon had a terrible game - however I don't think that any of the players can be proud of the performance today. In fact; after the way they played today they should return this weeks wages to the club so that they can partially reimburse the fans who made the journey into the ****hole that is st helens to sit through that.

We had nothing going forwards today - no drive from the forwards, no spark from the back line and finally cohesion at half back. I know one player can't do it all - however it would be nice to see a few trying.

Anyone see who gouged Richards?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds