Re: SSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Post by turf »

By the way God, (I know you weren't mentioning names) but I wasn't one of the people slating Colbon.

It was personally nice to see the lad put his nightmare game (on Good Friday) behind him and bounce back today with two good tries and a good all round game today.

Well done Liam Colbon!! :eusa2: :eusa2:
Bear

Post by Bear »

Everyone had a nightmare on friday :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

God does this go for when you knock the players that you dont rate.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Just been on RFL fans site and this post by a Hull KR sums it for me

Being a KR Fan i dont really see what youve got to complain about.
Richards and Barrett caused us more problems than any other team this season and i include Leads in that.
As stated by some of your fans we have formed a cracking little team defensively and in attck adyou beat us in both areas.
you also beat us by the second biggest score difference this season may only be 6 points but more than anyone else also once again only Leads scored a bigger difference.
Still think the game could have gone either way but feel the best team won overall.
Good luck for the rest of the season and thanks for the once again fantastic hospitallity.
phibes

Post by phibes »

I've never called for us to get shut of either player, but like many others, I do wonder whether Colborn will establish himself in the squad.

I thought he showed great attitude today after his nightmare on Friday. He looked hungry for the ball and to impose himself on the game.

As for Goulding, I still have my doubts about his defence, but he did a great job on Webster this afternoon - and that pass to Calderwood was a beauty.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

To be fair God, One warm day does mean it's summer, lets see how Colbon gets on in the next few weeks before claiming he is great
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote: And lo and behold Colbon was on hand to score a very good first try where he had a hell of alot to do before he could score and to show very anticipation for his second.

So to all the posters posting negative stuff about these two players shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! you have been prooven wrong.
Well I have not been one for criticising Goulding but if you think Colbon did something special today you were not at the same game as I was.

Yes he scored two but he hardly had a lot to do for them did he, including the first where he actually fell over in the process?

He was enthusiastic today but unless he finds some pace from somewhere he won't be Wigan's fist choice winger for long IMO with Richards, Calderwood and (if he gets fit) Pryce all ahead of him (once Mathers goes to fullback in Richards case).

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote: I have not read one post suggesting Colbon and Goulding have had a good game today and these two have won us the two points.
Now that really is overstating the case as far as Colbon goes. Are wingers always credited with winning us the game because they finish off moves from close range created by others?

If you think they played well, that is your opinion and fair enough but to exaggerate their influence on the game just makes your opinion suspect.

In Colbon's case he scored two tries from close range which I'd expect any winger to score. Apart from that I am not sure what his contribution was compared to, say Barrett who was again the source of just about everything on attack.
Humble pie is being munched by alot of people and im glad, the two lowest paid players on the pitch have shown up the bigger payed players, also the comments thrusted about regards these two lads is nothing short of disgusting.
I don't know how much they are paid but I do know there is no reason for any humble pie to be consumed by anyone. Just because Colbon did the right things at the right time does not elevate his performance to Offiah or Robinson like status. If he had gone that far then maybe you might have a point re the pie.
Munch on the humble pie and i hope some of you choke.
:roll:

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Always supported Goulding.

On the other site I have posted my comment re Colbon

Safe to say I have not praised him

Far too many fans are being conditioned to accept mediocrity. If Shaun Edwards analysed our effort today he would needa fortnight to go through the ineptitude. Daysd like GF do not happen by accident. Today was better but still mediocre.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Like you posted before CP we were the better of 2 very average sides