New deals spell the end of higham???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: New deals spell the end of...

Post by cpwigan »

mike binder wrote:the answer is lulu to hooher dobson to scrum half barrett at stand off
That is actually a very good suggestion.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mike binder wrote:the answer is lulu to hooher dobson to scrum half barrett at stand off
I don't see why TL would be a success at hooker. He has had two decent games this season so far where he has actually taken the defence on himself rather than pass along the line or do the grubber lick if close to the line.

Despite people going on about hookers passing the ball, in the modern game a great deal of a hookers job is to make cheap yards from scoots from AHB. TL would IMO play the same game as he does now and pass it sideways more often than not.

Hasn't he has been tried at hooker for NZ but didn't make much of a mark?

I think TL is a scrum half and he is either good enough to be ours or he isn't. If he isn't I don't see why he should be the hooker.

Dave

shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

kris the question is can he do a sahwcross pass like i did to you at saddleworth to put you in .....

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

shawcross da warrior wrote:kris the question is can he do a sahwcross pass like i did to you at saddleworth to put you in .....

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not a prayer! :lol:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: 3 - if the winger can't get the ball because the centre is rubbish and you can get a great centre and keep Calderwood then that's a good way forward. If you have a choice between the good centre and the good winger then there is no logic in keeping the winger.
Why is it a choice? Not much point having a great centre if the winger can't keep up to take the final pass either.

The point I am making is wingers and centres should be thought of as a pair and it should not be either good winger/poor centre or poor winger/good centre. Neither makes sense.

If we are in the situation but we can only have one of these poor combinations and not the ideal of good winger/good centre we are further away from a correct financial state at the club then I thought.
5 - Lots of players leave clubs but give their all till the last game. If he takes his ball home because of being badly treated by teh people paying him every month then that reflects badly on him (it also reflects badly on the management). Anyway there's no evidence to suggest that's the case just yet.
There isn't but it isn't a matter of taking his ball home as that would be a deliberate and unacceptable action on his part but players are not robots they can be affected form-wise by uncertainty and speculation.

Dave
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AncientWarrior wrote:According to Dave Parker's column in this week's League Weekly, Mark Riddell "is only using the Wigan connection to fight for a better contract down under". The source of this information? Riddell's former team-mates at St. George Illawarra! Didn't know that sort of thing went on!!!
I think this has already been said on the rumour topics :doz:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

The hooker role is changing example Diskin at leeds plays most of the game and they won the GF with no real srtike hooker .
Higham is just a strike hooker is game apart from that is average .
We looked better when Millard played from the start because when Higham comes off the bench we get the best from him same now with Macalorum starting .
Dave O you can not understand why people think Higham is on good money well I cant understand why you think he is not ! you say on another forum someone ''says'' he was told what Higham was on why would a coach tell a fan? and even if he did it would have been more than likely Millward and I would not believe a word he said anyway, if someone says he is on a good wedge you would have rubbished it whats the difference ,just point of view

If Riddel comes and plays first 20 and Macolorum came off the bench I think it would make us a stronger team .

Players off contract and the money they earn will depend on who we sign if we get Cooper and Riddel it may prove how over paid Higham and Calderwood have been .
IL said we will be a lot better for the 2009 season with as regards to money to spend only Higham , Calderwood and Richards off contract of the main earners and with Richards in talks over a new one does that not partly prove Higham must be on a good whack ? other money could come from fringe players and the likes of Colbon,Ocarol if they are released but I wont think they are on a fortune .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Oh yes one last thing the reason some people think Higham can not be on top money is because he is not worth top money .
The thing is despite ML and DW best intentions (and I do think they tried to put us at the top)the cap was mis managed anyone who thinks players can not be on silly money for the abillity only need to look at DV .
We did OK with little money last pre season with IL stating his hands are not as tied for next year I think we will do well.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

cpwigan wrote:
That is actually a very good suggestion.
Must be someone else posting under Mike's name then :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

lucky 13 wrote:Oh yes one last thing the reason some people think Higham can not be on top money is because he is not worth top money .
The thing is despite ML and DW best intentions (and I do think they tried to put us at the top)the cap was mis managed anyone who thinks players can not be on silly money for the abillity only need to look at DV .
We did OK with little money last pre season with IL stating his hands are not as tied for next year I think we will do well.
I may be wrong but I presumer Higham had a very strong bargaining position as he had gone to Bradford and was not asking for a move. Millward wanted him badly and Maurice always liked to put one over Saints. So I think it is safe topresume he got a very good deal.

Joel Tomkins shows that players were getting very goodcontracts during that era. His contract extension under IL was at a reduced wage than he had previously been on under ML.