Re: Latest on the Morrisons V Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:So what do you all think? Will it go to court? Who will have the most power or money to fight it?...Does the text imply that Anderson is being kept in the dark about it? Maybe they are they not talking.. All I can say is…..”we love you Morrisons, we do, we love you Morrisons, we do, ohhhhhh Morrisons we love you” lol….

Not sure if anyone heard but in the league express last week (or week before) Saints fans had a “stay behind” after their home game, will a banner saying the need their new stadium.

Any thoughts on this?
It's annoying, from what I've been told by Saints fans, Morrisons are just opposed to Tesco opening another store. They have an Express at Windle Island, a Superstore in town, and a couple of Metros elsewhere. Morrisons have two stores already in St. Helens.

For the sake of the sport I hope they can get it sorted and can get a new stadium. Whether, as a Wigan fan, you hate them with a passion, they're needed in Super League if they're weren't there it'd be one less team for you to hate!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

For the sake of the sport I hope they can get it sorted and can get a new stadium. Whether, as a Wigan fan, you hate them with a passion, they're needed in Super League if they're weren't there it'd be one less team for you to hate![/quote]

It wasn't that when there was the possibility of Wigan being relegated, all we kept hearing was "cheats, let them get relegated". Lucky for us, the team succeeded in keeping up, but no other teams fans had any sympathy for us. It was only the media that that kept us in the news (much to Anderson's dismay)because the thought to the media of super league without Wigan was unthinkable
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

So what do you all think? Will it go to court? Who will have the most power or money to fight it?...Does the text imply that Anderson is being kept in the dark about it? Maybe they are they not talking.. All I can say is…..”we love you Morrisons, we do, we love you Morrisons, we do, ohhhhhh Morrisons we love you” lol….

I think you will find that when it comes to money ect Morrisons would win hands down, as far as i'm aware they are in the top four retailers in the country along with asda, Tesco ect.
I just find it hard to believe that St Helens council are willing to put up little bill boards all over town stating "The home of the world club champions" (not any more of course lmao ) but don't seem willing to fund a stadium for the town.
Anyone who has been to Knowsley Road knows for sure that they need a new stadium, i don't know about anybody else on this forum but i would love to go to brand new stadium and kick there arse.
mike binder

Re: Latest on the Morrisons V ...

Post by mike binder »

yes we do need sts in sl ,because the tide is turning and soon we will have a guarenteed 8 pts :lol: or do we want the lobby gobblers in instead another 8 pts were gonna win the league at this rate
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
waterside glens

Re: Latest on the Morrisons V ...

Post by waterside glens »

with the attendanes up this year and record tv figures on sky for our game with leeds our sport is getting bigger and stronger.Much as i hate to say it our game will be better of with the stains in a new ground.we need to get more of the tv viewers to games and this will be helped by decent stadiums and not rubbish grounds like KR is at the moment