Let's not blame Klein!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Re: Let's not blame Klein!!

Post by turf »

Just face it guys and girls, Klein is the worst referee in SL!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Something scary. There is a photograph in the evening post and neither Catalan players looks to be obstructing Calderwood.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Matthew wrote:I didn't see the match last night - but let's face it; it wouldn't be the first time that:

a) Klein has decided the outcome of a match with his p1ss poor attempt at refereeing (he's even been punished by the RFL for his incompetence)

b) he has robbed us of victory against catalan in the last few seconds

Klein is not and has never been up to the job. Poor refereeing detracts from the spectacle and spoils the game

Now that being a ref is a paid profession the RFL should be scouting the lower leagues to look for new refs - like the clubs do with players. That way we could finally see the back of referees like klein
:eusa2:

Agree entirely! Long had my doubts over the "competence" of this guy. Our first time this season with him and we lose! What a surprise, about as shocking is robjoenz's defence of him and the "characteristic" calls that go in one sides favour! Oh well, at least he was at the Salford game - so a good chance to offer his totally unbiased opinion then, on match incidents.

No complaints that for 80 minutes, Catalans were better. Somehow Wigan had obtained a lead and Klein eroded this with some of his usual trade-mark decisions.

He's not good enough for the NRL, so why should we "suffer" clowns like him? Just imagine the furor that would surround his decisions in football!!! The Fraud Squad would take a serious interest in possible "illegal payments" (well illegal for being professional anyway :wink: )
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

robjoenz wrote:
mike binder wrote:pat though was getting up to play the ball as he thought the ref said he was tackled,as again he can clearly heard shouting surrender 2,which i take means u are tackled and thats the 2nd tackle.
Mike, we had this one last week, remember surrender means that the tackling side has longer to stabilise the tackle once they actually make it.

Did I bite? You wouldn't hear anything where you sit would you lol
new you would fall for that 1 as it goes i think thats 1-0 to me :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
emperorkel

Post by emperorkel »

lets stop blaming others, we should have taken the two with six minutes left instead of going for a try we never had a chance of getting.

The last try came because Calderwood was left on his own with three Catalan players where were the rest of our defence.

We have a team who are incapable of taking the ball when they are moving, they take it standing still and then start to run, what a differance with Catalans all movement and ball skills they actually looked as if they trained together and used a rugby ball.

Noble has never been able to motivate look at Great Britain they could take one game off Australia but never the other two. On our left flank with Richards and Carmont we are dangerous but most of our "attacking" is done on the right, why?

Last night Higham was causing problems for Catalan but when we had got on top Noble looks at his watch and decides it time to change Higham, why?

Personally I think Catalans were the better team and deserved to win, they play rugby the way it should be played, the way it encourages people to watch not the dull rubbish we serve up.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan wrote:Something scary. There is a photograph in the evening post and neither Catalan players looks to be obstructing Calderwood.
cpwigan leaping to the defence of referees again?!?! :o
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Morph wrote:
remember surrender means that the tackling side has longer to stabilise the tackle once they actually make it.
Think this one sentence sums up the problem with refs today. The're obsessed with management speak, having lost all understanding of the game. So they are all taught to speak jargon at ref school, every since cummings took over. We'll all just have expect the next generation of refs to be schooled in the ways bullsh@t.
What changes would you recommend Morph?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If they are right then I hold my hand up. If they are wrong I accept no voluntary and/or no surrender tactics. Howeveer, I would rather they make the odd mistake than go back to the 30 or more and rising penalties per match scenario. If they had continued I doubt I would have been there to watch them do so beyond this season.

Mind you I still think I could have suffered brain damage lol praising Ganson scared me that I could be losing my marbles.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Morph wrote:It wasn't a comment on just that one incident Rob. It was a general comment on how refereeing seems to have become so technical these days, that a whole new vocabularly has evolved for it, mostly taken from the David Brent school of management. Most noticebly when Cummings is wheeled out on Boots n All, radio etc and IMO has occurred since Cummings took charge, and it now perpetuates through all refs. It's not so much being a ref, but being a politician these days. But to be fair to you Rob, you've certainly picked up the jargon well. :wink:
I've got this little 60 page book that I get all these terms from. Good read actually, I read it several times a week, the kind of read you can pick up, have a quick look, then put down and have another look later on. I mainly read it when I'm watching rugby matches on the tv to be honest. Well worth buying... it's called Rugby League: Laws of the Game. :wink:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Morph wrote:
You've used this one a number of times before haven't you Rob! Come on, lets have a little more originality.
Have I?

I don't understand what you are actually suggesting to be honest.

Referee's don't use the rulebook? :doz:
Glad to hear that a ref can actually read though, or so you say! :wink:
I'm Robert Jones MEng (hons.) me mate - I can write too! haha