Booing and chant at end of game??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adiddy

Booing and chant at end of game??

Post by adiddy »

For the first time in a good while I was quite disgusted with some of our south stand chanters!!!! Firstly what was the reason behind us Booing the Catalan players, as the booing got louder as they approached the Stand, and Secondly and most disgusting was the 'you frog b***ards chant' which some of the Catalan players were shaking their heads at, and rightly so!! Wigan lost to a good team! A team that was much more enthusiastic then us last night, and for that reason deserved the win!! Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Matt
warrior till i die

Re: Booing and chant at end of...

Post by warrior till i die »

i think the booing was more directed towards our lads cause we where poor! Not saying I was booing, Id never boo Catalans- I love the place :) But the people sining you frog bar stewards! and you surrendered in the war! Do these people actually know which war? And do these people realise that the majority of catalonians class themselves as Spanish?
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thought booing was booing the referee

The anti French stuff. STUPID. Little group of Cats supporters neart us in the EAst stand. Good bunch. Made me smile.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The booing was definitely aimed at the referee. A string of very odd decisions led to that try.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

I was in the south stand last night and as far as i'm aware no abuse was given to the french side, and as Mike rightly says the boooooooooooooos where for Mr Ashley Klown, i must add that i did not boo anyone, even teletext said last night that it was a dodgy try saying Calderwood was taken oput mid air, hey but it's history now.
Was Klown Ganson in disguise????.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mike wrote:The booing was definitely aimed at the referee. A string of very odd decisions led to that try.
Absolutely, Mike. As soon as the ref disappeared the booing changed to clapping the players.

Even the "neutral" match reports (Sky, Sporting life etc) are commenting on some of the decisions.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

It's easy to blame the referee for losing a game and I don't do it often. But last night was not good quality reffing. His decisions in those last few minutes which gifted them the game were baffling beyond belief.

When Wigan were on a roll down field in the second half and we had a 10 point lead on, Micky Higham played the ball and every single Catalan player was 3-5 metres offside. Exactly the same the next 2 plays and Klein ignored it. A penalty at that point would have sealed the game.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

yes again when we lose its the refs fault ,but 10pts in front at home you should not lose,yes the forward pass that would of put callderwood under the sticks was never forward compared to at least 6 of theres and the blatant knock on in there winning set of 6 plus 2 men taking callderwood out ,yes blame the ref it was is fault
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Bear

Post by Bear »

I diddnt start off the Frog one but there were people around me chanting it i diddnt know what to do as i thought it would be classed as racism. The booing was for the ref i know that. I was singing what everyone else was singing and trying to get the stand going... It was better last night.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Chanting Frogs, isnt it just the same as chanting scouse ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."