For all the noble doubters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

For all the noble doubters

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Seems like people have a very short memory and i have noticed that quite a few people on here starting to question nobles tatics myself included at times but let this serve as a reminder a quote from the BBC website from when Noble took charge of us:
Noble takes over an ailing Wigan side with just one win from their first 10 Super League matches this season, and his first game in charge will be against Huddersfield on Saturday.
Look at us now 2nd in the league and at my reckonin we are still only operating about 75% our potential if that. the games we have lost have been close.

Just something to perk you all up things are looking up for the club
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
mike binder

Re: For all the noble doubters

Post by mike binder »

i hate all these nobel calllers ,yes they have short memories and y=they seem to think we have the god given right to be a great team, 2 years s=ago bottm of the league and going no were
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

To be honest, it is obvious we play alot of one man rugby, wether its nobles tactics or not.

Nobles tactics will only go so far, whatever his tactics are, it doesnt stop the players playing well and playing good rugby.

Hes worked wonders so far.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Nine

Post by Nine »

I've posted about this on a similar thread in Rumour Mill, so without going intoo it all again, I'd just repeat these main points:

So far this season the weather has been dreadful and the pitches therefore the same. You do not have the same tactics for those kind of conditions as you do for dry weather and firm pitches. Luckily for us, we have a coach who recognises that and a team with the flair to play more expansive rugby when the time is right.

And if you think Nobby’s is solely a “bash up the middle of the park” coach, I can only refer you to the Leeds game. The tactics there were to move the ball about and create space to make use of our forwards’ better mobility on a pitch that at least wasn’t a quagmire for once. If anyone saw Tony Rea’s analysis of Nobby’s tactics in that game on Boots ‘N All they’ll know what I mean.

We're very lucky to have Nobby, IMO, and I hope he does stay.
Squad number 18!
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Bring back "The Black Pearl"
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He's the best British coach in the game. The best we could possibly have at present so why moan? If we beat Bradford we will have the same points as we did after 12 games last season but we'll be 2nd, not 4th. Our results havent been maulings apart from good friday they've been close compared to results last year. This shows an improvement in defence whereas the attack can look after itself even with Barrett out/'underperforming'

Someone mention O'Loughlin shouldn't be captain also?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brian Noble has been a Godsend to Wigan, after the Millward debacle, he gave our players confidence and the will to win. Okay we don't and are not entitled to win every game but at least they do try and I for one hope he signs a long contract to keep him here. We need stability in the coaching and playing staff and stop changing every thing every year. I think this is the first time for years that we have had the same half back pairing for more than one season. Look at Bradford, Leeds and Saints that is why they are successful just one or two changes a year not a full team like we did a couple of years ago when we lost near enough a full team either to retirement or just letting them go to other clubs.

He has opened new contract talks and is quoted as saying "We have made considerable strides at this club, and I'd like to see the job finished".

Come on Nobby re-sign please :eusa10: :eusa10:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:Seems like people have a very short memory and i have noticed that quite a few people on here starting to question nobles tatics myself included at times but let this serve as a reminder a quote from the BBC website from when Noble took charge of us:
Noble takes over an ailing Wigan side with just one win from their first 10 Super League matches this season, and his first game in charge will be against Huddersfield on Saturday.
Look at us now 2nd in the league and at my reckonin we are still only operating about 75% our potential if that. the games we have lost have been close.

Just something to perk you all up things are looking up for the club

Shipping the thick end of 50 points against the old enemy............close?????
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Nine wrote:I've posted about this on a similar thread in Rumour Mill, so without going intoo it all again, I'd just repeat these main points:

So far this season the weather has been dreadful and the pitches therefore the same. You do not have the same tactics for those kind of conditions as you do for dry weather and firm pitches. Luckily for us, we have a coach who recognises that and a team with the flair to play more expansive rugby when the time is right.

And if you think Nobby’s is solely a “bash up the middle of the park” coach, I can only refer you to the Leeds game. The tactics there were to move the ball about and create space to make use of our forwards’ better mobility on a pitch that at least wasn’t a quagmire for once. If anyone saw Tony Rea’s analysis of Nobby’s tactics in that game on Boots ‘N All they’ll know what I mean.

We're very lucky to have Nobby, IMO, and I hope he does stay.
You have failed to point out in your in depth analysis of the Leeds game that we had to tackle our hearts out all game because they had a far better offense than ours.
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

For me it seems like the ball is in IL's court.

The problem may be a monetary one. I imagine Mo must have offered a pretty astronomical salary to persuade Noble from Bradford, and a big bonus for keeping us in the division too.

If IL does not want to continue paying on this scale I would not put it past him looking for other options - IL seems to be fairly thrifty, and he has said he will not pay over the top wages for players, I imagine this applies to coaching staff too.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!