Danny Scullthorpe

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Portsmouth Warrior

Danny Scullthorpe

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

Top Talent or Liability?
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!
MrsLam

Re: Danny Scullthorpe

Post by MrsLam »

half and half definitely!
He has his games where you think, Oh GAWD keep your tackles down please but then some of his hits are great. I think he needs to just learn to keep them a tinnny bit lower, he goes in with a lot of power too so actually Id say more top talent than liability! Ive just convinced myself :D
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

He's worth having on the field for his offloading in the tackle and that is before his liking for biffo :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

What about that one-on-one steal he did from Cunningham? Stevo was nearly speechless on the telly when his precious Kieron got shown up. Well done Danny for that, although some of the high shots were a bit worrying. On the subject of dodgy tackling, it was good to see that former Wigan hothead Riiccckkaaay Bibey being kept quiet today, he had virtually no influence on the game at all.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I agree with MrsLam, he's a 50-50 player to me. I used to really look forward to seeing him play last season because Smithy and Terry O' never seemed to offload. This season though they've all been trying to whenever they get the chance (maybe too much) but I like to see it.

You notice though it's always Scully involved in the fighting, there's a punch being thrown, very often on the end of his arm. Have to say though it was fantastic to see him steal the ball from Cunningham and some of tackling is first rate.

My personal opinion is that he carries a few extra pounds with the injuries he has had (mainly last season) and he tries that bit harder because he isn't as fit as he could be.
Jordz

Post by Jordz »

top talent
only prob is hes got too much aggresion, which can be good, but also can be bad
Come On Toys!!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

you need agresion on a rugby pitch it brings respect.if you show a tendancy to back away from the phisical aspect of the game then rest assured the opposition will pick up on that.after sculthorpe banged long in the head a couple of times long didn't mess him about after that.aggresion needs to be controled and the fact he wasn't sent off proved it was controled. what im saying is if you dont like the odd punch up on the pitch you had better take up chess!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

I was made up with him last season, so if he just learn to keep calm, I think he'll be an asset for us. Nice couple of shots he landed on Long in the first half today.

It'll give Millward something to moan about. Cheeky sod that he is putting pressure on the ref in the build up to the game talking about our over aggressive style. Which team committed a foul on the first play of the match and in the first 4 minutes gave our players 2 head high shots and 3 'facials' or forearms in the face when the tackle had been completed?
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Moore_115

Post by Moore_115 »

Did any 1 see the first fist fight befor the half sculthorpe didnt half get some gd fists in what happend 2 him cause i missed the second half
Every thing is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

the grinch posted:
you need agresion on a rugby pitch it brings respect.if you show a tendancy to back away from the phisical aspect of the game then rest assured the opposition will pick up on that.after sculthorpe banged long in the head a couple of times long didn't mess him about after that.aggresion needs to be controled and the fact he wasn't sent off proved it was controled. what im saying is if you dont like the odd punch up on the pitch you had better take up chess!
I thought your point was proved yesterday with how Rickey Bibey played. He looked scared everytime he got the ball and didn't get anywhere. Still think Danny needs to be more controlled at times, I'm always feeling he's just about to get sinbinned.