Brett Kimorley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors

Brett Kimorley

Post by warriors »

Mike or Rob. Are Wigan thinking of getting Brett Kimorley, next season?
Taking Lam's place.

P.S Lam is playing tomorrow
Fraggle

Re: Brett Kimorley

Post by Fraggle »

warriors posted:
P.S Lam is playing tomorrow
What is Lam playing tomorrow - tiddlywinks? He certainly isn't playing any rugby.

As for Kimmorley, there are a couple of issues. One is the long-standing issue that Aussie coaches ignore any players not playing in the NRL for selection to the national squads. If he wants a green jersey then he probably won't get it playing in the UK.

The second issue is the usual one, that of money. I'm sure Lam is on a decent salary although I would hope that his wage for this year is consistent with someone only being available for 2/3rds of a season. The salary cap isn't going to go away, so the question will be, can we afford Kimmorley?

Having said that, I'd rather go for him than Andrew Johns who seems to be spending more time off the pitch than on it. Johns is currently too much of a risk in terms of injury, and I'm not sure he'd fit in anyway. He likes to be the main influence on a team, a bit like Briers at Warrington and how Spotty Harris used to be at Leeds, and that kind of player isn't going to work with some of the other Wigan players.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I don't think we would go for Kimmorley purely because of the money. He is one of the best scrum halves in the world and he will cost us half our salary cap. We're playing with a skeleton squad this season, we'd be playing with a squad of 12 next.

Wonder if Gregory is playing mind games about Lam coming back. I noticed he was sat on the bench on Friday so maybe he is nearer than we first thought? Although can't see him bringing him back for the SL game, think he'd wait for the cup.
warriors

Post by warriors »

Fraggle. Lam did play. An if i no he is playing, then he is playing. Dont doubt me.

It was just a *rumour* that i heard.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
Fraggle. Lam did play. An if i no he is playing, then he is playing. Dont doubt me.

I am suprised he played. Perhaps Greg was playing some mind games the other week when he said he wouldn't be back until final weekend. At least he didn't play Moaning Millys Mind Games today and gave Lam a good run out.

Where did you hear about Lam playing Johnny?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

warriors posted:

Fair do's, you were right. I was very surprised, and I think the person who wrote the match day programme would have been surprised as well as there was no indication in there that he was likely to play. I just hope he has come through ok, especially since he took some heavy knocks, as Wigan have got a poor record in recent seasons of bringing players back a bit too early after an injury. He was at least two weeks ahead of a schedule with even Mike Gregory saying less than a fortnight ago that he might be fit in time for the Cup Final or maybe the second SemiFinal at the earliest. To say he was rusty would be an understatement, I wonder just how much training he has done but it was good to see him back nonetheless.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
warriors

Post by warriors »

My girlfriend's dad told me. He heard it from someone. An when i asked you about Brett Kimorly, he told me to put it on, so then alot more people would no.