cup match confirmed monday 12th may

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

cup match confirmed monday 12th may

Post by mike binder »

mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
FROM A TO B

Re: cup match confirmed monday...

Post by FROM A TO B »

an absolutley dreadful decision.
This will probably give us the lowest gate for many a season.
The pitch will be crap from the prima donnas playing the previous day.
We play Wire 4 days later, so it may force Nobby into fielding a weakened team on the Monday, which could even put us out of the cup.
Whitehaven support will be non existent, which is not a reflection on the supporters, but anyone who is work / school the next day will be unlikely to travel.
This should have been Havens final, instead it is going to a poorly attended game with zero atmosphere.
not happy and unless the club offer an exceptional ticket deal, I will not be going :angry:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

FROM A TO B wrote:an absolutley dreadful decision.
This will probably give us the lowest gate for many a season.
The pitch will be crap from the prima donnas playing the previous day.
We play Wire 4 days later, so it may force Nobby into fielding a weakened team on the Monday, which could even put us out of the cup.
Whitehaven support will be non existent, which is not a reflection on the supporters, but anyone who is work / school the next day will be unlikely to travel.
This should have been Havens final, instead it is going to a poorly attended game with zero atmosphere.
not happy and unless the club offer an exceptional ticket deal, I will not be going :angry:
Agreed, although I do see the validity of their justification.
Following recent unfounded media criticism of the JJB Stadium pitch directed at Rugby League and the potential worldwide media disaster for Rugby League if it rained on the Friday night and damage was caused to the pitch before Sunday’s high-profile game, the Wigan Chairman, Ian Lenagan, decided not to play the match on the Friday night to protect the reputation of both Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic as well as the town of Wigan and sport of Rugby League.
http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=3824

Ticket prices are the same as for the Pia game - and the South Stand closed again.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

wonder if the good name of the Football League will be tarnished if it rains Sunday and we get knocked out of the cup because of a crap pitch?

Oooh I'm livid, I could rip a tissue :snea1:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I cannot believe this has happened it is a disgrace its alright for latics to play 24hours before are game but not for us to play 48 hours before there game. Dave wheelen you can go and shove your precious latics up your a*** sideways :angry: :angry: :angry: :devi: :devi: :eusa17:
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

Very angry about the decision!! Giving into latics and that moaning jock B*****D. The pitch was already dug up before the
rugby season started. How dare they force us to change the match day. I presume Leneghan will just roll over if they want us to switch venues later in the season to relay the pitch. IT STINKS. We should all boycott the cup game! I feel sorry for Whitehaven they should ask for some recompense

COME ON BARCELONA
COME ON CHELSEA

Sooner Latics drift back into obscurity where they belong the better
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
weststandguy

Post by weststandguy »

sheepdip wrote:Very angry about the decision!! Giving into latics and that moaning jock B*****D. The pitch was already dug up before the
rugby season started. How dare they force us to change the match day. I presume Leneghan will just roll over if they want us to switch venues later in the season to relay the pitch. IT STINKS. We should all boycott the cup game! I feel sorry for Whitehaven they should ask for some recompense

COME ON BARCELONA
COME ON CHELSEA

Sooner Latics drift back into obscurity where they belong the better
that wouldn't be Mick B by any chance :lol:
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears..and I've been to St Helens"-john Bishop
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

Yet another home match i cannot attend. Monday is the worst night ever for a match.

So if we don't play on pitch and it is a mess on the monday will they finally accept that it isn't us who mess the pitch up?
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

And the RFL wonder why Cup attendances are so bad. I bet the Challenge Cup sponsors are impressed, Whitehaven will lose money they really needand their fans will be denied a decent day out whilst umpteen Wiganers will not be able to attend.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

FROM A TO B wrote:wonder if the good name of the Football League will be tarnished if it rains Sunday and we get knocked out of the cup because of a crap pitch?

Oooh I'm livid, I could rip a tissue :snea1:
i could crush a grape lol :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME