Fans?!?!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Fans?!?!

Post by MrsLam »

I should be happy with winning today but if we (as in the fans) go into the semi final with an atmosphere like today we're gonna lose easily. It was Sh*t, 13000 people and we made noise when Lam came on and twice during the second half, I tried me best but you cant do much to lift your team when theres only two of us shouting and singing. Am very disappointed :angry: the lads deserved a lot better support than they got today.
Get behind the lads people.

Actually thought Id better edit this, I asked one of my mates who's a steward what was going on with the lad they were trying to chuck out and apparently he was trying to get people to stand up and cheer the team on so they didnt want him in, then at the end I saw one of the stewards take the drum away, so I suppose we're not really meant to go and support our team.

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
warriors

Re: Fans?!?!

Post by warriors »

I thought that their would be alot more fans than that, but i guess that i thought wrong. I am just saying that is is not the fans that are playing the game, it is the team. They will do better if their was more fans.

About the game tho. I was glad to see that Lam was back. It made me happy

Wigan did start good tho at the start, but from when Pongy left the ball. I started to have doubt about the team then. But over all we did win, an i hope that we wil win in the semi.

I will just wait an find out, an see what will happen.

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Dya know what!
To be honest I don't think there was only 13000 at all, looking around the south and east stand were almost full so thats about 12000 already and wire brought nearly a full stand plus the west which would have had at least another thousand. Me thinks theres a little gate fixing going on at the jjb...

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It was near on 14,000 wasn't it. I was suprised there were that many actually, that's quite a good gate for a Super League game, we had 11 or 12 thousand at this stage last season didn't we?

I am not that impressed with the atmosphere at the JJB. It's never as good as other grounds because of the size of the stadium. You need it jam packed to get a decent wall of sound. I was sat in the South Stand and I thought it was about average, much better than the other games there this season.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Home fans are generally quiet though arent they, its just really frustrating (for me) cause I love big atmospheres and I know you cant get them all the time but today, we could and should have been a lot louder, there are a lot of people though that refuse to shout/sing and then tell others to sit down or be quiet, I heard someone at knowsley road on fri asking people to shut up. Cheeky monkeys!
Hopefully with a packed stadium on Sun we should get a bit of support going.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
redhead

Post by redhead »

I thought we did enough today to get the 2 points so Im not bothered at least we played a decent team and the Wires will have been a bit miffed from losing again Widnes so they wanted the 2 but hey what the hell we'll have a much better game on Sunday I have no worries :D
the little walnut
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

u get behind your team more on the road.. i agree with u mrs lam.
home crowds EXPECT.. that is the problem.. i was pleased with the attendance today.. nearly 14 thou on a bank holiday.. not bad..

we were loud when we sang just didn`t do it enough.. and not in unison!! LOL i was in the west today.. NOTHING vocally.. i missed the first 11 mins through traffic & couldn`t get a programme either.. but the game was FANTASTIC.. i thought all our tries were outstanding pieces of play.. wire were lucky on 2 but the third try.. even i said well done.. it was well worked.. thought they were gonna score at the end to!!
great game.. i wouldn`t miss wigan wire game for anything.. pity i can`t get to the bloody semi!!! LOL

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Oh its ok wolftown warrior im getting a megaphone from everyone on here so ill sing extra loud for you hehe
I was panicking like madddd in them last few minutes, thought ste wild was gonna get a try right infront of me but then we ended up at the other end defending. ARGHH!!!
We did very well to hang on, oo and I agree about the well deserved ovation for our lammy, bet he loved that, it should inspire him to play out of his skin on Sun!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

well 14000 people in the ground no way was there 11000 empty seats! warrington outsung us today but we outplayed them and thats what counts!it was a very good game we made life difficult for ourselves to say the least. there first try was unbelivable two of our players standing there looking at a lose ball and couldn't pick it up as they where offside and the warrington lad picks it up and scores.at that point i thought its going to be one of those games.all credit to our boys they wouldn't lie down and got the result.same again please in the semis!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Warrington out sing everybody so don't feel too aggrieved MrsLam. I heard you above Wigans deafening silence once or twice. And if thats you who has MrsLam on the back of her shirt then i saw you too as I walking away from the ground and winding up some humble pies. But if it noise you wanna hear, then you'll be getting a season full of the stuff on sunday. :eusa3: