Millward

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Millward

Post by MrsLam »

Mayaswell have a go at milly too while am in a bad mood!
Whats he playing at, at all? He did the same to bratfud last year, hope they complain again.
I think hes playing mind games yet again, saying after Fridays match that half their players are "injured" because of our '''''''''high'''''' tackles.
Im gonna blame him for the mood im in today...and I was so happy on Friday :(
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
redhead

Re: Millward

Post by redhead »

I just feel really sorry for the fans that turned up to watch that today should make him play the same team for the semis that would be great punishment better than taking points so he looses the semi and then only has the league for which he quite happily threw 2 points away for today...then lets see how many injured players hes got when all the points count..
the little walnut
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Yeah you just wouldnt be a saints fan would ya!

Thought that Ian Hardman had a good game, he was the only one doing anything for them. I also (1%) feel sorry for them but its their own fault for supporting saints!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

silly old baldy bonce stevo was going about feeling sorry for the stains er !!! no what was milly playing at i find it very strange that he's prepared to throw those precious 2 points away he'll be sorry if they miss out on the play off's becuase of the points or points difference which was wiped out today bar 4 i think.

another thing that has made me cross this weekend is that fact that eddie and stevo have several times pointed out that this is such a hard weekend for the stains because of playing us and bradford within the 3 days i dont remember then saying that last year when we had the same fixtures nor do i remember us puttin out a joke of a team or complaining about it we beat stains fair an square on the good friday last year but lost valiantly to bradford.

mrs lam may i suggest that you aquire a megaphone to help with your singin , just a thought :roll:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Thats a good idea that, whos willing to help funds for me!?
I was going to mention about them moaning about the fixtures, erm its not only been like that this year though in fact there used to be times before the super league where we played 3/4 matches in a week (okee I exaggerate a bit) but they havent been hard done by at all.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

The last time they did it, they appealed the fine they were given and it was overturned. Fine them the equivalent to the money paid by the supporters today and dock them points for the second year running.

Remember our 'mission impossible' season? That was something like 9 games in 19 days to clinch the title and a cup final win against the stains at the end of the week!
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

redhead posted:
I just feel really sorry for the fans that turned up to watch that today should make him play the same team for the semis that would be great punishment better than taking points so he looses the semi and then only has the league for which he quite happily threw 2 points away for today...then lets see how many injured players hes got when all the points count..
What a brilliant idea, oooh if only! Its all very well a coach looking out for his team and doing the best by them but this was calculated p*ss taking and he knows he'll get away with it, if one of your workmates is sciving off but has a doctor's note there is nothing that can be done about them and he's in much the same position. I was amazed that Pinky & Perky were sympathising with them but I think that was more a face saving exercise for the public at large. We listened to the radio commentary on the way up to Wigan and they were much more scathing, Dave Hadfield said he felt like an Agony Aunt with all the complaints he was getting from both Bulls and Saints supporters. Someone also mentioned the number of red haired players they have on Saints team - they're not all Mildred's offsprings are they? :roll:

Some interesting thought on BBC site
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 619895.stm
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I'm just wondering is there anything to say you must field your strongest squad? I know Millward is an idiot throwing away two points and a massive points difference like that, and I do feel sorry for the fans that turned up expecting a game... but as the coach isn't that his choice?

I know SKY will be upset about not having the big match they expected but does that matter? I don't think it does. McManus pays Millward to do his job doesn't he, if he decides to do it badly then isn't it McManus' call to punish him?
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

I know what you are saying robjoenz and arguments will rage on about this situation for yonks yet and, yes, I'm all for a coach looking after his team and doing the best for them but IM's actions go beyond that. When he did this to Bradford last time, just before the Murrayfield final, he put out a team that was barely recognisable, are any of the new faces that played for them that day in the current St Helens side - I can't think of any but am happy to be proved wrong - and I think the same fate may befall the lads who played for them yesterday.
As regards Sky they ploughed a lot of money into rugby league and promoted this as a star fixture in their calendar so they have been short changed, their viewers have been short changed and more importantly to me it has sent out a message to the viewers that we want to encourage to watch and attend rugby league games more that it's not really worth their while bothering if games are so one sided and un-interesting. Like I say loads of arguments for and against but it is as if he is showing two fingers to the world all the time.
Jordz

Post by Jordz »

i have lost all respect for millward now. i did last most of it the other year when he did the same the week before the challenge cup final against wigan. hes a coward and a cheat. he really annoys me how he lies through his teeth and still eddie and stevo suck up to him an beleive evry word he says.
stevo and milly.....just shut the **** up.
Come On Toys!!