Wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Wire

Post by MrsLam »

I've calmed down a bit now and im ready to talk about the game! :D

Thought our defence was brilliant today, the tackles compared to the likes of those when we played Bulls/rhinos, they've just really stepped up now and other players arent getting through as easily, although we do still have little patches where we go a bit weak.

The kicks are a lot better too, Danny Orr had a good kicking game today I thought, probly more in a defensive way than attacking but they werent going straight to the opposition (which is always good lol!)

Sounds strange saying this again but bring on the wire!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Re: Wire

Post by robjoenz »

You're a right character MrsLam, lol

I have mixed thoughts about today. I really hope they play with the passion of Good Friday next week when it matters more. They seemed to lack something today.

I didn't think Dallas was as good attacking as he was against Saints. There was one occasion in particular, when he should have run for the line but he went infield and got tackled.

I also hope that Newton is back, I thought he was fantastic against Saints. Mark Smith is a good replacement but I like the way Newton gets things going.

My other comment is about Sculthorpe. He has had two good games now. His tackling was great, his aggression was more controlled today (apart from one near explosion!) and he looks to offload whenever he can.
WIRES

Post by WIRES »

WERE WAS THE SINGIN LOL LOL LOL

WE ARE CULLENS SIMPLE ARMEY AN WERE ALL GOIN TO MILENIUM :D
ian.birchall

More Giants than Stains

Post by ian.birchall »

Sorry Mrs Lam, you must have been at a different match to me, I thought that we were as poor as a fortnight ago against the Giants, I'm just glad we had that fortuitous bounce of the ball for Danny Tickles try as even on the follow up to that kick we did not chase particularly strongly but fortunately the Wire made a mess of takink the ball, never let a rugby ball bounce what. Perhaps Kevin Brown should remember that old adage as well! :conf:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
MrsLam

Re: More Giants than Stains

Post by MrsLam »

haha thanks Rob!
"Dannys gonna get ya" as some of us were actually singing at one point, thought it was funny when he lied down until the ref blew the whistle and then got up just as he was walking over JUST to make the point that the tackle was high, but unseen for a change.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wolftown warrior

Re: More Giants than Stain...

Post by wolftown warrior »

thought some of the tackles we very high from the wolves... & we were getting stick from millward.. but our players don`t moan like some..
the defence was good.. but mental mistakes for 2 tries really got wire back in the game.. the first try.. was right in front on me.. pongia just stood there and didn`t even go for the ball.. now i understand he was thinking he was offside or whatever but u fall on the ball & deal with the penalty later... 2 is better than 4. & i think it was dallas who let that bomb bounce.. big mistake.. mind u he paid the price.. any info on him?? i can`t knock brett today.. he scored his 2 tries very well on 2 good moves by the way.. & he still seems to be carrying some kinda knock..
danny orr played very well imo, & danny tickles kick which he chased himself was superb.. it was a great game.. a game we could have made comfortable by dealing with high kicks.. 2 tries today 1 in each half.. needs adressing in training..
and i know he has is doubters but faz was blooming IMMENCE today..
it was a good display.. i thought our first 15 mins of the second half was some of the best football i have seem from us.. scored 10 points & i don`t think wire got through a set of six..
now. if we can only play for 80 instead of giving teams a first half lead all the time!! LOL :)
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

I wish they'd realise that it's easier to win games if you start playing from the kick off and don't have to chase the game in the second half. I'll be confident for Sunday though if we have a referee who implements offside (was that a world record for the number of players offside for their second try?) and penalises them properly for the number of high/cheap shots they had at us today.

Thought they were a snidy bunch today, even down to encroaching within 10 metres when Faz was kicking penalties, and their refusal to form a scrum for 45 seconds at the end of the first half. A proper ref for the semi please if anyone can name one.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)