Fairness?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Fairness?

Post by cpwigan »

I would think a key principle of any coach is to treat all your players the same I.E fairly? Can we honestly say Nobby treats our players fairly? Mark Calderwood? Why should Mathers be given an automatic place. Why is Calders never given a chance especially on a slippy pitch? Fielden? can he ever get dropped? I would even suggest Lockers is not justifing his place and that may be we are better simply sending Trent home? I do not believe he is in the right frame of mind to play with this shower of ....
turf

Re: Fairness?

Post by turf »

cpwigan wrote:I would think a key principle of any coach is to treat all your players the same I.E fairly? Can we honestly say Nobby treats our players fairly? Mark Calderwood? Why should Mathers be given an automatic place. Why is Calders never given a chance especially on a slippy pitch? Fielden? can he ever get dropped? I would even suggest Lockers is not justifing his place and that may be we are better simply sending Trent home? I do not believe he is in the right frame of mind to play with this shower of ....
No is the answer to your question cpwigan because he is Noble's love child
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

After the match, Fielden was the only player that I could see on the TV that wasn't laughing and joking with stains. Alright he had (another) dismal game; however so did about half a dozen others and it didn't seem to bother them.

I completely agree with the opinion that Calderwood is being treated unfairly - Goulding, Colbon, Mathers and Fielden could all do with being dropped; however I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't rewarded with renewed improved contracts!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
turf

Post by turf »

Maybe it is finally sinking in to Fielden's brain what it is like to get hammered by local rivals.

Good to see he was taking the result so seriously.
right cross

Post by right cross »

calderwood is on his way ,
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

May aswell be. Calderwoods on a good wage apparently but theres no point in him taking that up if he isnt going to get played or isnt going to get the service he needs.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
wrighty13

Post by wrighty13 »

Have to agree, Another fine display by ur skipper, how that guy is skipper but more to the point plays is a mistery. if i had been close to Mathers after that performance i would have strangled him, he was a disgrace. Fieldens another.

Only ones that try week in, week out are Feka, Pat, Carmont Bailey and one or two of the local lads, all the others are a disgrace to the shirt.
Take your money and your poor performances and go lads.

Maybe on my own with this but when i found out Nobby had signed a new contract, i was disappointed. would have liked to see some new blood and new ideas.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

don't blame nobby, he's building for next year. what a joke. i was same as you and asked why.
wrighty13

Post by wrighty13 »

Love that saying "Building for the future", always makes me feel that they are writing this season off, andhopefully they can pay over the odds for players to change things round. which as we have learnt over the past 10ish yrs its not gonna work
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

it must be the most said lines in the wigan camp. next ones should be bye bye noble, because at the end of the day he is the coach, and lets face it more succesful wigan coaches have been booted.