Lockers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Big D

Lockers

Post by Big D »

I haven't said this on this site for a year or so, but, the same rings true for me ; take the captaincy off Lockers NOW.

STILL no leadership , or direction on the field, and no, I'm not sure who could take up the mantle.

Any suggestions ?!
medlocke

Re: Lockers

Post by medlocke »

He's shite simple as, the first big mistake that Leneghan has made was giving this below average player a new 4 year deal, he should have shipped him off to Widnes on loan :D
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Give the captaincy to Fielden!! Hes not playing well at the moment, give him a chance, maybe the extra responsibilty will give him a kick-start! And we all know how vocal he can be on the pitch!! I like Lockers but we need to give some-one else a go, why not Fielden, it may turn him round like it did Peacock!!

Matt
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

give it to anybody that actually bothers to open their mouth!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone ever seen lockers geeing the players up when we are behind sticks....i'll bank in that being a no.

i don't give a toss if people think he 'does his talking by his actions on field' (and to be honest he doesn't do that that often!)......we need someone who can give the players a rocket not stand there shaking his head with hands on hips

why not let IL employ a fan a week to stand there with them behind sticks and b*llock them :angry: sure there'd be a big queue for that job! hell i'd even do if for free
GEER EM ONSIDE
binxterboy

Post by binxterboy »

i wouldn't give fielden anything but a kick up the jacksy back to yorkshire
♫ тнз ѕσчτн ѕтαиδ мαѕѕіνз ♪
Big D

Post by Big D »

Fielden's certainly an interesting option, nothing ventured, nothing gained ?

I tell you folks, living in Ashton with all these placky scousers coming out of the woodwork is doing my head in.

There's not even pride in the jersey any more, apart from a few of the local youngsters. What I hate seeing is players chatting and laughing immediately after taking part in one our most humiliating defeats, as if it were a Sunday league game with your mates !!

(THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE, AND I HOPE THEY LOOK AT THIS WEBSITE, BUT I DOUBT IT ?!)
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

drop him and play him in the reserves to give him a big kick up the backside, for me fielden is the only other choice for captain - the peacock senario is a perfect example.

Lockers to me was never good enough nor vocal enough to captain this side we all know the only reason he got the captaincy was due to his family links with farrell. at best he is an average loose forward and at worst he is a liability when making to many mistakes.

i just cant see noble having the balls to drop him and we will still be saying the same things all over again when we get beaten by warrington. what noble said about senior players not standing up is true but what is he going to do about it? it should not be just noble in the press saying how ashamed he is each and every player should come forward and appologise to the fans in particular the so called club captain, its no just the fact that they were beaten by st helens it could have been any other side in the Super league that turned wigan over today. for me it has been a longtime coming i just hope it gives them a big enough kick to realise just how bad they are and makes them make amends.
smudge273

Post by smudge273 »

Give the Captaincy to Hansen ! he is the only one who looks remotely interested. Yesterday was just a disgrace. "Embarrassing" said Noble f***ing GUTLESS i would say. We have sunk to new lows!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

A few of our best captains didn't say much but led by example - Hanley, Bell for instance you don't need to scream and ball at players for them to play well.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adiddy wrote:Give the captaincy to Fielden!! Hes not playing well at the moment, give him a chance, maybe the extra responsibilty will give him a kick-start! And we all know how vocal he can be on the pitch!!
This is the only sensible option.

It may help Fielden.

It ought to help Lockers who should never have been made captain by Millward in the first place. It was a popularist decision typical of Millward and the first thing any coach should have done who replaced him was to take the captaincy off Lockers for his own good.

He has never been the player for Wigan he has been for GB and its about time he was.

He was given the captaincy when coming back from a season on the sidelines with a serious injury. That was a stupid decision from Millward regardless of who the players was but to hand the captaincy to a young player in that situation was doubly stupid.

Dave