GB duo face RFL charges

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FC TIL I DIE 2004

GB duo face RFL charges

Post by FC TIL I DIE 2004 »

Great Britain duo Andy Farrell and Paul Sculthorpe have both been charged with alleged striking in last Friday's draw between Wigan and St Helens.

The Wigan captain and St Helens skipper will appear before Wednesday's Rugby Football League Disciplinary Committee.

St Helens player Dominic Feaunuati has also been summoned for alleged striking in the same fixture.

Another Saint, Jon Wilkin, will also appear before the Committee after being sent off against Bradford on Monday.
Moore_115

Re: GB duo face RFL charges

Post by Moore_115 »

is there any news on Andy Farrell and Paul Sculthorpe i heard that they r due 2 face RFL 2 day :cool:
Every thing is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.
wigan_babe_13

Re: GB duo face RFL charge...

Post by wigan_babe_13 »

Neither got banned but Faz got fined £500 for 'misconduct'! I really fail to understand why Faz got fined and Scully didn't?! Faz can't fight with himself can he?!
robjoenz

Re: GB duo face RFL charge...

Post by robjoenz »

Yeah, I can understand a fine perhaps for scrapping but as you say he can't scrap by himself. He went over in the first place to try and break things up and then ends up £500 poorer.

I was glad that Feaunati got what was coming to him. Running across the pitch leathering Steven Wild and then even having a pop at Kevin Brown as he was pulling Long away from the scrap. Dirty Scouser (by association)!

Not seen Wilkins arm in the face of Deacon yet, what was it like?
FC TIL I DIE 2004

Re: GB duo face RFL charges

Post by FC TIL I DIE 2004 »

Wigan captain Andy Farrell has been cleared to play in Sunday's Powergen Challenge Cup semi-final.
He escaped a ban despite being found guilty of misconduct for his part in a brawl during the 21-21 draw with Wigan.

Paul Sculthorpe was found not guilty of any offence but St Helens team-mate Dom Feaunati was handed a three-match ban.

Feaunati will miss the Challenge Cup semi-final with Huddersfield, as will Jon Wilkin, who was handed a four-game ban for a high tackle against Bradford.

Wilkin was sent off after only nine minutes for flattening Bulls scrum-half Paul Deacon.