appology from the club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jolleymike

appology from the club

Post by jolleymike »

after sundays performance in the midst of a few tins i sent an email rant off to Wigan Warriors via the club web site, this is not a thing i do on a regular basis but when i have in the past sent an email to the club no reply was returned.

but to my supprise i received this email today.

Dear Mr jolley

Thank you for your email which was forwarded to me following the game against St Helens in Cardiff.

As a former player, manager and now Chief Executive of Wigan Rugby League, I both understand and sympathise with the frustrations you express with regard to, what was, in short, an unacceptable performance by the team you so passionately support.

Whilst there is a collective responsibility and accountability from the players, coaches and management alike, I realise that any apology or promises of action made by me on behalf of the Club carry little weight without any such words being backed up by the actions of the team in future performances.

Please be assured that as management of the Club we will be doing all we can to ensure that such actions are both positive and visible to you, as one of the Clubs respected and loyal supporters.

Yours Sincerely,

Joe Lydon,
Wigan Warriors Chief Executive.

all i can say is that i have sent a number of emails to the club on other occasions and received no reply (under the old regime) so it makes a welcome change for the club to reply.

popularmon

Re: appology from the club

Post by popularmon »

I got exactly the same response e-mail
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

there inbox must have been full so they must have thought lets do something about it.

still all the same, under the lindsay and whelan regime we would have got no reply so something is better than nothing in my books.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Was on SKY Sports News this morning that Castleford have offered their supporters a credit note for the value of 50% of the cost of their Millenium Magic ticket as apology for their poor performance against Wakefield.

Fans can use their credit note against a ticket for another match or club merchandise.

Now that's what I call an apology, Warriors take note.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Oh please get real you two d--ch eads I feel like sending an e-mail to Joe appologising for you :eusa17:
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

Not being able to go to Cardiff brcause of work( sat to wed)I bought tickets for the haven match,having listened to the shambles on 5 sport, I decided that I would ring wigan and ask for a refund, this I did explaining myself to a very polite lady, she enquired would I like to speak to anyone I said yes Joe Lydon,

He came to the phone and spent 20 mins listening to the ravings of a demented fool (me) lambasting the players, and the club for employing them, everything from no pride no passion, and no right to play for this great club,

He explained that on Sun night he and IL made the decision to split up and face as many fans as they could to applogise, this I beleive they did,
He also said that there were more internal problems with the club than they realised when it was purchased both on and off the pitch, that they where determinned to put them right,
He also spoke of the players they are recruiting for next season that hopefuly the fans will be surprised and pleased, He did not mention any names nor did I ask
I know both Joe And Ian read the forum as he admitted that this is were they get a feeling for what the fans expect.

I was very close to giving up on this club after over 30 years, but after talking to (and ranting at)JL, my faith is restored and I will be their in FULL voice

Mike
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Thank the Lord for that.
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

MiThor wrote: Not being able to go to Cardiff brcause of work( sat to wed)I bought tickets for the haven match,having listened to the shambles on 5 sport, I decided that I would ring wigan and ask for a refund, this I did explaining myself to a very polite lady, she enquired would I like to speak to anyone I said yes Joe Lydon,

He came to the phone and spent 20 mins listening to the ravings of a demented fool (me) lambasting the players, and the club for employing them, everything from no pride no passion, and no right to play for this great club,

He explained that on Sun night he and IL made the decision to split up and face as many fans as they could to applogise, this I beleive they did,
He also said that there were more internal problems with the club than they realised when it was purchased both on and off the pitch, that they where determinned to put them right,
He also spoke of the players they are recruiting for next season that hopefuly the fans will be surprised and pleased, He did not mention any names nor did I ask
I know both Joe And Ian read the forum as he admitted that this is were they get a feeling for what the fans expect.

I was very close to giving up on this club after over 30 years, but after talking to (and ranting at)JL, my faith is restored and I will be their in FULL voice

Mike
We were sat outside one of the pubs on Sunday night and IL came over and apologised and spent time chating to us. Cant ever imagine the old regime ever doing that
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

IL told my mate who went there are 4 players who played today apart from Barrett in the dressing room who will not be given new contracts next season .
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

jaws1 wrote:IL told my mate who went there are 4 players who played today apart from Barrett in the dressing room who will not be given new contracts next season .
calderwood, higham, Fielden....?

who else? take your pick!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!