Mr S Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
andycap

Mr S Fielden

Post by andycap »

When wigan signed Andy Platt he came as a hard running second row but Monie bulked him up to be an awesome prop - just an idea but it why cant Mr Fielden do the same IMO he lacks at least two stone

Ps cpwigan it is not aother wind up!!!!!!!

nathan_rugby

Re: Mr S Fielden

Post by nathan_rugby »

His weight is nowere near a problem.

The problem lies with himself.

If he ran onto the ball, ran hard and fast, ran at a player and changed his angle into a gap, got his legs pumping, got his arm free.

Hed be doing well.

No need for another thread though. Everybody knows he isnt performing and nobody knows why. No threads on here trying to think of ways he could get better will make a difference.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
simmy1

Post by simmy1 »

i agree we seem to be making him the scapegoat for the WHOLE teams performance they all should take some blame
lets get behing him and rest of them show them what passion and pride in wrlfc really is
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Some people are tired of getting behind him.

Majority did it all last year and all of this.

Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Another legacy of the old administration MO and DW we are stuck with until 2010 .Who would have thought that he would gone downhill so fast. A spell in the reserves would do him no harm as happened with Richards and Vialeki they came back better players.Put him in the reserves for a month then make him Captain. see the difference.
georgio

Post by georgio »

put a rocket up his backside
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Try him in the second row where he has no option but to run on the ball. If that doesn't work then drop him.
num lock

Post by num lock »

nathan_rugby wrote: His weight is nowere near a problem.

The problem lies with himself.

If he ran onto the ball, ran hard and fast, ran at a player and changed his angle into a gap, got his legs pumping, got his arm free.

Hed be doing well.

No need for another thread though. Everybody knows he isnt performing and nobody knows why. No threads on here trying to think of ways he could get better will make a difference.
I heard from someone that spoke to I L on Sunday night(he must have been doing the rounds apologising)that Fielden is suffering from depression,and he doesn't know if he wants to carry on in the game.Draw your own conclusions as to the cause of his depression,but,he has had an awful lot happen to him in the last 18 months.
AndyLaw

Post by AndyLaw »

I heard from someone that spoke to I L on Sunday night(he must have been doing the rounds apologising)that Fielden is suffering from depression,and he doesn't know if he wants to carry on in the game.Draw your own conclusions as to the cause of his depression,but,he has had an awful lot happen to him in the last 18 months.
I'd be surprised if IL discussed medical problems of this nature openly, unless to a close friend. If my employer did the same about me then I'd be hot footing it to the best employment lawyer I could find.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Thats not a bad idea Jaws.
His mentality was that he should never be substituted in 80 minutes, and in his games for GB prior to igning for Wigan, maybe this could be the case.
As the bloke is now, he does well less impact than Feka.
Not a bad idea to drop him to the 2nd team to give him time to reflect on his curent attitude and ability.
If Ronaldo at Man Utd was playing as bad, Ferguson wouldnt tolerate his drop in form.
No relegation, no reason not to experiment also.