Lam Interview...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Lam Interview...

Post by robjoenz »

From http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2004172504,00.html

ADRIAN LAM will be thrown to the Wolves again on Sunday — after fearing his career was over.

The Wigan Warriors scrum-half made his first appearance of the season on Monday — also against Warrington — after rupturing a cruciate ligament TWICE.

Coach Mike Gregory is keeping his cards close to his chest but Papua New Guinea star Lam definitely starts in the Challenge Cup semi-

final against the Wolves at Widnes.

For Lam, 32, it will be complete a fairytale return after thinking he had played his last rugby league game.

Lam admitted: “At first I did not think the injury was that bad but then it went again in training and I knew it was serious.

“I had done my other cruciate when I was 21 so knew I was looking at a long time out of the game.

“To be honest I was pretty emotional in front of the other guys at training and at that point I thought it was all over.

“A couple of days later I put things in perspective a little and decided to give it one more go.�

Lam is playing only on a week-to-week contract until another full-time deal is agreed with chairman Maurice Lindsay.

But for now the free-scoring half-back is delighted to run out for the semi-final at the Halton Stadium.

He said: “Making the final would be fantastic, a fairytale for everyone involved. But for me just to be playing again is a dream come true.�
Dorsey

Re: Lam Interview...

Post by Dorsey »

I'm just so pleased to have him back, win or lose on Sunday he is a very welcome addition to our team