Speak English Brian Noble

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Speak English Brian Noble

Post by cpwigan »

Does Nobby think he is the new Jack Gibson?

We have the ludicrous and incorrect putting humpty dumpty back together again and in the post tonight we were aiming a few punches at our grandmother last week but this time around there are relatives in the family who are going to be hitting us back.

bourne_warrior

Re: Speak English Brian Noble

Post by bourne_warrior »

He's losing the plot and not just making himself look an idiot but making Wigan a right laughing stock. Can we at least get a more professional speaking coach next time!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Whatever he said (and whatever words he used) - it worked!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Mr Ed

Post by Mr Ed »

I think he may be taking the mick dont you.
ROFL
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Unfortunately NO
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Reading some of the comments above they give support to the view that putting opinions on blogs only gives license to those who can't speak for themselves any other way. I can't imagine any of the above words would be spoken face to face and in fact they are extraordinarily rude.
No-one listens to rudeness, and nor should they. There is a place for constructive comment and criticism, and here is fair enough. But please, not these unkind words about a thoroughly decent and honorable man who has worked hard for our great club and deserves our support and loyalty
Stevethegas
Nine

Post by Nine »

stevethegas wrote:Reading some of the comments above they give support to the view that putting opinions on blogs only gives license to those who can't speak for themselves any other way. I can't imagine any of the above words would be spoken face to face and in fact they are extraordinarily rude.
No-one listens to rudeness, and nor should they. There is a place for constructive comment and criticism, and here is fair enough. But please, not these unkind words about a thoroughly decent and honorable man who has worked hard for our great club and deserves our support and loyalty
Hear, hear!

I like the way Nobby speaks - the essence of what he says makes sense and the way he expresses it shows wit and intelligence.

He's maybe a bit too fond of using metaphors and is sometimes guilty of using "in-house" expressions that the coaching and playing staff are familiar with but the wider world may not understand so readily, but you try doing a live interview on national TV or radio and see how hard it is.
Squad number 18!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Steve as far as I am concerned the jury is out.

Honorable? Big question mark. Some players treated preferentially and others unfairly. Dean Bell forced out. Jobs for his mates.

Interviews - Trent's latest on the web site was a proper interview. He said what needed to be said and did so concisely. No bull. Trying to be clever is never a good idea.
cyberpieman

Post by cyberpieman »

leave the bloke alone !
he's a top coach (albeit a bit conservative at times) if he gets worms furgled sometimes, when haven't we all?

Those having a go at him should look to their own use of the mother tongue before criticising others (I've given up wincing at "their" for "there" or "theyre", or "your" for "you're" or any combination of any part of the OED chosen at random).

Grammar is not married to Grandad, and syntax don't hold down carpets.

:o :D :D
RJ

Post by RJ »

Thank your lucky stars that we haven't got Cullen for coach. I have trouble understanding him on a good day!