Can Someone Explain A Couple Of Rules To Me?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Can Someone Explain A Couple Of Rules To Me?

Post by turf »

Could someone explain the offside rule to me as I am very :conf:

They (The Sky Muppets) say that the Warrington NO TRY that Barrett was offside, but surely he was not on his own by being offside, there was at least two others in front as well, so surely they must have been offside as well.

By the way:

How was that NOT obstruction. In my opinion, if someone runs towards you with their shoulder and deliberately prevents you from moving to a player in possession, then it is a penalty to the opposition and NO TRY.

Finally:

How did Bentham work out NO TRY - And a penalty to the defence. I am also very :conf: by this decision??

Matthew

Re: Can Someone Explain A Couple Of Rules To Me?

Post by Matthew »

turf wrote:Could someone explain the offside rule to me as I am very :conf:

They (The Sky Muppets) say that the Warrington NO TRY that Barrett was offside, but surely he was not on his own by being offside, there was at least two others in front as well, so surely they must have been offside as well.

By the way:

How was that NOT obstruction. In my opinion, if someone runs towards you with their shoulder and deliberately prevents you from moving to a player in possession, then it is a penalty to the opposition and NO TRY.

Finally:

How did Bentham work out NO TRY - And a penalty to the defence. I am also very :conf: by this decision??
I thought that Wigan got a penalty from the decision?

Barrett may have been offside (both feet were supposed to be behind the line) however the wire man just ran into him and so the decision could have gone either way. It could have been deemed a cheap shot

As for sky; I expect nothing better from Wire fan like eddie and a thunderbird puppet like Clarke
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Moved to gen RL
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
turf

Post by turf »

Matthew posted:

I thought that Wigan got a penalty from the decision?
We did. We were defending, Warrington scored. Bentham came up with NO TRY and a penalty to the defence.

I am :conf: now :conf:
pedro

Re: Can Someone Explain A Coup...

Post by pedro »

should of been a try he was a dummy runner at trent tried to tackle him...good play unlucky not to be a try
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf wrote:Could someone explain the offside rule to me as I am very :conf:

By the way:

Finally:

Couldn't tell at the time (don't have a very good view of the screen), but having watched the video I suspect it was for not playing the ball correctly.

Write in to Cummings, see if you can get it as one of his explanations on the RFL site.
turf

Post by turf »

I have just wrote to Cummings, and this is what I put:
Hi Stuart, a Wigan fan here.

Why was Warrington's try disallowed after alledged obstruction?? The Sky commentators said that Trent Barrett was also offside in this incident??

The VR Phil Bentham, gave NO TRY and then a penalty kick to the defence, which at the time was Wigan. My questions this week are:

Could you please explain the obstruction and offside rule.

Could you please explain the decision to give a penalty TO Wigan instead of against Wigan.

Finally, a word of praise for Ashley Klein and his handling of the game last night. When you and him review the tape, you and him will find that he has a VERY good game indeed.

I think it is the best performance that I have seen from this particular official this season. Well done to Ashley Klein.
By the way:

I commented on the performance of Klein after I had watched the video when I got back from the match.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

turf wrote:I have just wrote to Cummings, and this is what I put:
Hi Stuart, a Wigan fan here.

Why was Warrington's try disallowed after alledged obstruction?? The Sky commentators said that Trent Barrett was also offside in this incident??

The VR Phil Bentham, gave NO TRY and then a penalty kick to the defence, which at the time was Wigan. My questions this week are:

Could you please explain the obstruction and offside rule.

Could you please explain the decision to give a penalty TO Wigan instead of against Wigan.

Finally, a word of praise for Ashley Klein and his handling of the game last night. When you and him review the tape, you and him will find that he has a VERY good game indeed.

I think it is the best performance that I have seen from this particular official this season. Well done to Ashley Klein.
By the way:

I commented on the performance of Klein after I had watched the video when I got back from the match.
And by the way, this is what you posted on another thread about the refs performance??????????
agree doc. I thought Klein was one complete joke tonight.Where did he get the obstruction penalty from in the first half??

Wherever he got it from, he gave it and as a result they score.

Again poor refereeing from the officials tonight/ Spoiled the game as a spectacle.[/i]
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
turf

Post by turf »

Notice, I have said AFTER I had watched the game, I changed my mind (if that is allowed on here :doz: :doz: :doz: ) completely about the display of Klein.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Changing you mind one one thing, but this is a complete reversal?
One thread saying he was crap and another saying best thing since sliced bread. Although why things are compared to sliced bread is beyond me :conf:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered