Luke Robinson??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
!*WiGaN BaBe*!

Luke Robinson??

Post by !*WiGaN BaBe*! »

Hiya does anyone know why luke robinson hasnt been playing recently have they dropped him now they have lam and orr??
Also how good was that match anyone going to cardiff?
(by the way i changed my name from luke robinson is fine n the best because lotsa people said it was too long) :wink:
luv me x x x
ian.birchall

Re: Luke Robinson??

Post by ian.birchall »

Fickle Luke Robimson supporter changing your name cos he is having it hard at the moment :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
!*WiGaN BaBe*!

Post by !*WiGaN BaBe*! »

ok then woteva you say, alot of people siad it was too long so i changed it and so what if hes having it hard. I still have im on the back of my shirt. :exc:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It's definately easier to read as Wigan Babe than it was before :) Come on Ian don't be mean! :)

Were you the Wigan Babe on the official site chat room this lunchtime before the game?
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

I didnt think anyone went on that chat room everytime i went on i was always on my own!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Primrose and Blue (our old freind) put a message on the board telling me to go on there. It was mainly kids supporting Warrington. I soon got bored though. Had a little chat with PnB and was interested to hear his views of how we were gonna get stuffed. Think he was wrong :) Wonder if he'll come and eat some humble pies! Yummy
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I don't think that Robinson was playing because there were one or two (or maybe 17 or so) better choices.

For you Robinson fans, I know I am critical, but I just think he is over rated... sorry!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Ellie from the Block! posted:
I don't think that Robinson was playing because there were one or two (or maybe 17 or so) better choices.

For you Robinson fans, I know I am critical, but I just think he is over rated... sorry!!!
That's ridiculous Ellie. We all saw last season that potential Luke has. Take, for example, the Warrington play off game. Lam gifted them two tries and we looked as if we were going out, then we brought Luke on and he single handedly changed the game and turned a loss into a win. An over rated player can't do that can they?!

He's a young lad, a 19 or 20 year old for heavens sake. Are you expecting him to be better than Lam already and if not get shut of him? That's just daft. He was getting nothing but praise when we had the freedom to switch around him and Lam and now the pressure gets to a young lad and he gets nowt but stick.

If we used the same train of thought for Danny Orr we'd have sent him back to Cas by now, because he has been the underachiever so far, but he needs time to settle in, yet people are willing to give him the time. Just be patient and Luke will come good, mark my words!
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

You're argument is good, but not convincing enough for me. I know based on last seasons performances a lot of fans were very excited about his potential (the new Andy Gregory and all that), but I was never a great believer and that's just my choice. IMO I just don't think he is as good as everyone says he is.
Fair enough on you and everyone else who thinks he's the bees knees, but not everyone has the same opinion do they???
It's ok to say he's only 19 or 20, but look at great players like Edwards, Radlinski and Jason Robinson at 19 or 20 and then can you say he is really good enough for a Super League winners team. I don't think he can be of that calibre. It really isn't a matter of comparing him to Lam (they play totally different styles), it is a matter of whether he is good enough to be the best and afterall we're used to quality.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

How can you say that his match changing ability he showed us last year is not top calibre? What was it, coincidence or fluke? When we were full strength he was developing really well, then suddenly he's thrown in at the deep end and he under-performs. You can't compare him with Edwards and Robinson, look at the great players they played alongside, players that helped them filter into the team without too much pressure on them. Then look at this season, Lam out, Faz out, Cassidy out, Orr in, a new guy that hasn't fit into the team yet. It's hardly ideal conditions. Now that Lam is back and we are getting things together in the middle of the field, I hope he can continue where he left off last season and develop into the player I think he can and prove all his critics wrong.