Who's next

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
FROM A TO B

Who's next

Post by FROM A TO B »

for the chop?
you have to be looking at Mr Spin (Cullen) or Terry Matterson.
Whilst there is no threat of relegation, fans can only take so much and I think Cullen is more likely to be the next to go, as he has consistently failed to deliver season by season.
Cas, you can allow some leeway with not being able to sign the right players due to not guaranteed SL until after the playoffs.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Sutty

Re: Who's next

Post by Sutty »

The Wolves must be the biggest under achievers in the league, with the amount of big money, high profile signings that they have made in the last few years. Yet they have still consistently failed to deliver. Got into the playoffs a couple of years ago and beat Leeds, apart from that what have they achieved that is actually worth being proud of? They've got a good stadium, some loyal and vociferous supporters and yet Cullen just can't seem to get them playing consistently well enough to challenge for any honours. Personally, I'm surprised he's lasted so long, surely it must be time for a change and a new direction in coaching. They couls even reward Cullen's loyalty by keeping him in the club in another role. If I was a wire fan, I would be mightily peed off at the teams performances over the past couple of years. Granted, they've had a terrible run of injuries, but probably no worse than a lot of other teams in the league. Although, I think we've been quite lucky with injuries for the past couple of seasons and it has certainly shown on the pitch, when we've been playing well that is.

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cullens head will role soon ,i work in warrington amd not many happy fans there at all
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Unlike Gemma who lives in Stains where there just aren't many fans full stop :lol:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/spo ... wolvesnews/ (full story)

Cagey Cullen keen not to fuel his critics

WOLVES boss Paul Cullen gave an unusually guarded response to questions at the club's weekly Press conference amid growing unrest among fans about his future at the club.

Cullen has become increasingly wary of fuelling his critics and stressed that he did not want to appear like he was making excuses, to the point that he was reluctant to give his usual update on injuries and team news ahead of Monday's clash against Castleford.

The Wolves boss, who has accepted that he is responsible for events on the field, said: "I think we'll make a considered decision not to be discussing every individual injury that we obviously have.

"If we're giving good open honest declaration of genuine injuries that a number of our players have obviously got at the moment, we get the feeling that everything that we say is being taken down and used in evidence against us. For me to get into the detail of it will only be taken the wrong way. We need to circle the wagons.

"We will play the fittest, healthiest and most experienced side we have available to us against Castleford and draw the line quite firmly there.

"We will not allow anyone to think we're using injuries as an excuse."
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This is the match report from the Warrington Guardian

FEW halves of rugby league during the Paul Cullen era have been as alarming as the one that saw Wolves slide to a catastrophic defeat on Friday.

Such a collapse had just not seemed on the cards when Wolves went in 14-8 ahead at half time.

But the five unanswered Wigan tries that followed only served to reopen the growing debate among supporters about the future of Super League's longest-serving coach.

link below for full report

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/spo ... ves_14.php
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

So with Wire playing Cas, it makes you wonder if the losing side will be axing their coach this weekend.
Wire fans will want blood if they lose against the bottom team and Cas can't afford to keep losing (even if there is no relegation)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

FROM A TO B wrote:for the chop?
you have to be looking at Mr Spin (Cullen) or Terry Matterson.
Whilst there is no threat of relegation, fans can only take so much and I think Cullen is more likely to be the next to go, as he has consistently failed to deliver season by season.
Cas, you can allow some leeway with not being able to sign the right players due to not guaranteed SL until after the playoffs.
Unlike Noble?
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

The Wolves must be the biggest under achievers in the league, with the amount of big money, high profile signings that they have made in the last few years.
Ditto Wigan
Yet they have still consistently failed to deliver.
Ditto Wigan
Got into the playoffs a couple of years ago and beat Leeds, apart from that what have they achieved that is actually worth being proud of?
Ditto Wigan
They've got a good stadium, some loyal and vociferous supporters and yet Cullen just can't seem to get them playing consistently well enough to challenge for any honours.
Ditto Wigan/Noble
Personally, I'm surprised he's lasted so long, surely it must be time for a change and a new direction in coaching.
Ditto ME!
Granted, they've had a terrible run of injuries, but probably no worse than a lot of other teams in the league.
Ditto Wigan[/quote]
turf

Post by turf »

It could be John Sharp for the chop next after that farce of a result yesterday.

48 - 0?!?!?!

We shouldn't have a problem beating Huddersfield whenever we play them!!