Who will warrington go for......????

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Who will warrington go for......????

Post by josie andrews »

Warrington open to NRL outcasts

Warrington has parted company with long-time coach Paul Cullen, opening the door to the possibility of two departing NRL coaches taking over his role.

Cullen's six-year reign in charge of Warrington came to an end after the club announced they had parted company by mutual consent due to a lacklustre beginning to the 2008 season.

Despite bringing NRL stars Chris Hicks, Matt King and Michael Monaghan to the club in the off-season, Warrington is in seventh place on the Super League table - a position that would see it miss the playoffs.

The final straw for Cullen came last weekend when his side lost 28-36 to bottom club Castleford at home.

The defeat was a sixth in seven league games for Cullen, who has served Warrington for over 25 years as a player and a coach.

Cullen's assistant, former Great Britain hooker James Lowes, has been placed in temporary charge of the Wolves, although their next game is not until June 8 against Harlequins owing to their absence from the Challenge Cup quarter-finals.

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-displ ... asts-49267
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
mike binder

Re: Who will warrington go for......????

Post by mike binder »

millward lol
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I think they will give the job to James Lowes.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

mike binder wrote:millward lol
was thinking the same Mike
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

medlocke wrote:
mike binder wrote:millward lol
was thinking the same Mike
Why? Is Roger still coaching?
:wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ashcroft urges shock therapy

FORMER skipper Kevin Ashcroft is demanding a major clearout at Warrington and wants to see Ian Millward succeeding Paul Cullen as coach.

Ashcroft says the Warrington board should do everything in their power to bring Millward, the ex-Leigh, St Helens and Wigan boss, back from Australia.

Players are blamed by Ashcroft for the failings during Cullen's regime.

Ashcroft said: "In my view, there are too many bad apples within the Warrington camp and a clearout is needed - get rid of them now.

"I would bring in Ian Millward, he's the best man for the job but I do feel sorry for Cull, he's been the sacrificial lamb.

"He is clearly a man of principle and he's done the right thing stepping down but I know Cull better than most and you're not telling me he wasn't passionate, motivated and committed to the Warrington cause.

"He's a fine coach but was possibly too lenient and being too loyal to his players has ultimately backfired on him.

"A major clearout is now needed at the club because the success-starved fans are completely and utterly disillusioned.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... py?rss=yes
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan