Manly winger's Scottish future

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Manly winger's Scottish future

Post by josie andrews »

MANLY winger Michael Robertson is vying to represent his ancestral home of Scotland at this year's Rugby League World Cup.
The 25-year-old's ancestry papers have been approved by the Rugby Football League (RFL), making him eligible for selection for the Scottish side.

Robertson's late grandfather, Robert Robertson, was born in Scotland and later moved to Australia.

"My grandfather was proud of his heritage and I am really excited about getting the chance to represent him and my family,'' the ex-Raiders winger said in a statement.

"It is also a great opportunity to play in such a prestigious event and to gain representative honours.''

Robertson, who debuted with the Raiders in 2001 before moving to the Sea Eagles in 2005, was equal top try scorer and averaged 80 minutes per game in 27 matches last season.

Robertson is one of several NRL players available for selection for Scotland who will face France in Canberra on day two of the Cup (Oct 26) and Fiji at the Central Coast (Nov 5).

Others include Keith Galloway (Wests Tigers), Chris Armit (Canterbury Bulldogs) and Ian Henderson (NZ Warriors).

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 66,00.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan